Methods and compositions for nitrogen removal using feammox microorganisms
Processes and compositions for removal nitrogen, organic and inorganic contaminants from wastewater using Feammox bacterium are provided.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- THE TRUSTEES OF PRINCETON UNIVERSITY (Princeton, NJ) CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2015 May 08
- Research Org:
- The Trustees of Princeton University, Princeton, NJ (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 54 ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES; 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES; 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Biotreatment of wastewater from hydrocarbon processing units
patent, January 1998
- Haase, Richard
- US Patent Document 5,705,072
Microbial production of nitrous oxide coupled with chemical reaction of gaseous nitrous oxide
patent-application, August 2011
- Cantwell, Brian J.; Criddle, Craig S.; Scherson, Yaniv D.
- US Patent Document 13/066911; 20110207061
Microbial production of nitrous oxide coupled with chemical reaction of gaseous nitrous oxide including phosphorus recovery and nitrite reduction to nitrous oxide
patent-application, December 2012
- Scherson, Yaniv; Cantwell, Brian; Criddle, Craig
- US Patent Application 13/586398; 20120309071
Laboratory study of nitrification, denitrification and anammox processes in membrane bioreactors considering periodic aeration
journal, September 2014
- Abbassi, Rouzbeh; Yadav, Asheesh Kumar; Huang, Shan
- Journal of Environmental Management, Vol. 142, p. 53-59
A method for high throughput bioelectrochemical research based on small scale microbial electrolysis cells
journal, July 2011
- Call, Douglas F.; Logan, Bruce E.
- Biosensors and Bioelectronics, Vol. 26, Issue 11, p. 4526-4531
Hydrogen Production in a Single Chamber Microbial Electrolysis Cell Lacking a Membrane
journal, May 2008
- Call, Douglas; Logan, Bruce E.
- Environmental Science & Technology, Vol. 42, Issue 9, p. 3401-3406
Ammonium oxidation coupled to dissimilatory reduction of iron under anaerobic conditions in wetland soils
journal, December 2005
- Clement, Jean-Christophe; Shrestha, Junu; Ehrenfeld, Joan G.
- Soil Biology and Biochemistry, Vol. 37, Issue 12, p. 2323-2328
Complete genome sequence of Acidimicrobium ferrooxidans type strain (ICPT)
journal, July 2009
- Clum, Alicia; Nolan, Matt; Lang, Elke
- Standards in Genomic Sciences, Vol. 1, Issue 1, p. 38-45
Evidence that the potential for dissimilatory ferric iron reduction is widespread among acidophilic heterotrophic bacteria
journal, February 2008
- Coupland, Kris; Johnson, David Barrie
- FEMS Microbiology Letters, Vol. 279, Issue 1, p. 30-35
Ubiquity and diversity of ammonia-oxidizing archaea in water columns and sediments of the ocean
journal, September 2005
- Francis, C. A.; Roberts, K. J.; Beman, J. M.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 102, Issue 41, p. 14683-14688
A soluble form of ammonia monooxygenase in Nitrosomonas europaea
journal, January 2009
- Gilch, Stefan; Meyer, Ortwin; Schmidt, Ingo
- Biological Chemistry, Vol. 390, Issue 9, p. 863-873
Real-Time PCR Quantification of Nitrifying Bacteria in a Municipal Wastewater Treatment Plant
journal, January 2003
- Harms, Gerda; Layton, Alice C.; Dionisi, Hebe M.
- Environmental Science & Technology, Vol. 37, Issue 2, p. 343-351
Adsorption of uranyl onto ferric oxyhydroxides: Application of the surface complexation site-binding model
journal, September 1985
- Hsi, Ching-kuo Daniel; Langmuir, Donald
- Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, Vol. 49, Issue 9, p. 1931-1941
Kinetics of Uranium(VI) Reduction by Hydrogen Sulfide in Anoxic Aqueous Systems
journal, August 2006
- Hua, Bin; Xu, Huifang; Terry, Jeff
- Environmental Science & Technology, Vol. 40, Issue 15, p. 4666-4671
Characterization of incubation experiments and development of an enrichment culture capable of ammonium oxidation under iron reducing conditions
journal, January 2014
- Huang, S.; Jaffe, P. R.
- Biogeosciences Discussions, Vol. 11, Issue 8, p. 12295-12321
Characterization of incubation experiments and development of an enrichment culture capable of ammonium oxidation under iron-reducing conditions
journal, January 2015
- Huang, S.; Jaffe, P. R.
- Biogeosciences, Vol. 12, Issue 3, p. 769-779
Distribution of typical denitrifying functional genes and diversity of the nirS-encoding bacterial community related to environmental characteristics of river sediments
journal, January 2011
- Huang, S.; Chen, C.; Wu, Q.
- Biogeosciences, Vol. 8, Issue 3, p. 5251-5280
Suicidal inactivation and labelling of ammonia mono-oxygenase by acetylene
journal, May 1985
- Hyman, M. R.; Wood, P. M.
- Biochemical Journal, Vol. 227, Issue 3, p. 719-725
Production of nitrous oxide by Nitrosomonas europaea: effects of acetylene, pH, and oxygen
journal, November 1984
- Hynes, Russell K.; Knowles, Roger
- Canadian Journal of Microbiology, Vol. 30, Issue 11, p. 1397-1404
Diversity in methane enrichments from agricultural soil revealed by DGGE separation of PCR amplified 16S rDNA fragments
journal, May 1998
- Jensen, Sigmund; Øvreås, Lise; Daae, Frida Lise
- FEMS Microbiology Ecology, Vol. 26, Issue 1, p. 17-26
Molecular mechanism of anaerobic ammonium oxidation
journal, October 2011
- Kartal, Boran; Maalcke, Wouter J.; de Almeida, Naomi M.
- Nature, Vol. 479, Issue 7371, p. 127-130
Geology and Characterization of Two Hydrothermal Nontronites from Weathered Metamorphic Rocks at the Uley Graphite Mine, South Australia
journal, January 2000
- Keeling, John L.
- Clays and Clay Minerals, Vol. 48, Issue 5, p. 537-548
Effect of Iron Bioavailability on Dissolved Hydrogen Concentrations During Microbial Iron Reduction
journal, October 2004
- Komlos, John; Jaffé, Peter R.
- Biodegradation, Vol. 15, Issue 5, p. 315-325
Biostimulation of iron reduction and subsequent oxidation of sediment containing Fe-silicates and Fe-oxides: Effect of redox cycling on Fe(III) bioreduction
journal, July 2007
- Komlos, John; Kukkadapu, Ravi K.; Zachara, John M.
- Water Research, Vol. 41, Issue 13, p. 2996-3004
Oxygen consumption kinetics of Nitrosomonas europaea and Nitrobacter hamburgensis grown in mixed continuous cultures at different oxygen concentrations
journal, January 1994
- Laanbroek, Hendrikus J.; Bodelier, Paul L. E.; Gerards, Saskia
- Archives of Microbiology, Vol. 161, Issue 2, p. 156-162
Ferrozine---a new spectrophotometric reagent for iron
journal, June 1970
- Stookey, Lawrence L.
- Analytical Chemistry, Vol. 42, Issue 7, p. 779-781
Reduction of structural Fe(III) in nontronite by methanogen Methanosarcina barkeri
journal, February 2011
- Liu, Deng; Dong, Hailiang; Bishop, Michael E.
- Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, Vol. 75, Issue 4, p. 1057-1071
Microbial Fuel Cells: Methodology and Technology
journal, September 2006
- Logan, Bruce E.; Hamelers, Bert; Rozendal, René
- Environmental Science & Technology, Vol. 40, Issue 17, p. 5181-5192
Thermodynamics of iron oxides: Part III. Enthalpies of formation and stability of ferrihydrite (∼Fe(OH)3), schwertmannite (∼FeO(OH)3/4(SO4)1/8), and ε-Fe2O3
journal, March 2004
- Majzlan, J.; Navrotsky, A.; Schwertmann, U.
- Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, Vol. 68, Issue 5, p. 1049-1059
Genome sequencing in microfabricated high-density picolitre reactors
journal, July 2005
- Margulies, Marcel; Egholm, Michael; Altman, William E.
- Nature, Vol. 437, Issue 7057, p. 376-380
Adsorption of uranium(VI) on amorphous ferric oxyhydroxide at high concentrations of dissolved carbon(IV) and sulfur(VI)
journal, February 1995
- Morrison, Stan J.; Spangler, Robert R.; Tripathi, Vijay S.
- Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, Vol. 17, Issue 4, p. 333-346
Bayesian Phylogenetic Analysis of Combined Data
journal, February 2004
- Nylander, Johan A. A.; Ronquist, Fredrik; Huelsenbeck, John P.
- Systematic Biology, Vol. 53, Issue 1, p. 47-67
Telmatobacter bradus gen. nov., sp. nov., a cellulolytic facultative anaerobe from subdivision 1 of the Acidobacteria, and emended description of Acidobacterium capsulatum Kishimoto et al. 1991
journal, April 2011
- Pankratov, T. A.; Kirsanova, L. A.; Kaparullina, E. N.
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, Vol. 62, Issue 2, p. 430-437
Enumeration and Characterization of Iron(III)-Reducing Microbial Communities from Acidic Subsurface Sediments Contaminated with Uranium(VI)
journal, December 2003
- Petrie, L.; North, N. N.; Dollhopf, S. L.
- Applied and Environmental Microbiology, Vol. 69, Issue 12, p. 7467-7479
PCR Biases Distort Bacterial and Archaeal Community Structure in Pyrosequencing Datasets
journal, August 2012
- Pinto, Ameet J.; Raskin, Lutgarde; Bertilsson, Stefan
- PLoS ONE, Vol. 7, Issue 8, Article No. e43093
MrBayes 3: Bayesian phylogenetic inference under mixed models
journal, August 2003
- Ronquist, Fredrik; Huelsenbeck, John P.
- Bioinformatics, Vol. 19, Issue 12, p. 1572-1574
Microbial communities and geochemical dynamics in an extremely acidic, metal-rich stream at an abandoned sulfide mine (Huelva, Spain) underpinned by two functional primary production systems
journal, May 2007
- Rowe, Owen F.; Sánchez-España, Javier; Hallberg, Kevin B.
- Environmental Microbiology, Vol. 9, Issue 7, p. 1761-1771
Possibility of anoxic ferric ammonium oxidation
journal, January 2006
- Sawayama, Shigeki
- Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering, Vol. 101, Issue 1, p. 70-72
Introducing DOTUR, a Computer Program for Defining Operational Taxonomic Units and Estimating Species Richness
journal, March 2005
- Schloss, P. D.; Handelsman, J.
- Applied and Environmental Microbiology, Vol. 71, Issue 3, p. 1501-1506
Candidatus “Scalindua brodae”, sp. nov., Candidatus “Scalindua wagneri”, sp. nov., Two New Species of Anaerobic Ammonium Oxidizing Bacteria
journal, January 2003
- Schmid, Markus; Walsh, Kerry; Webb, Rick
- Systematic and Applied Microbiology, Vol. 26, Issue 4, p. 529-538
Molecular Evidence for Genus Level Diversity of Bacteria Capable of Catalyzing Anaerobic Ammonium Oxidation
journal, April 2000
- Schmid, Markus; Twachtmann, Ulf; Klein, Michael
- Systematic and Applied Microbiology, Vol. 23, Issue 1, p. 93-106
Algae of Itahari Municipality and its adjoining area, Eastern Nepal
journal, April 2013
- Shrestha, Sabitri; Rai, Shiva Kumar; Dhakal, Min Raj
- International Journal of Applied Sciences and Biotechnology, Vol. 1, Issue 1, p. 5-10
Identification of common molecular subsequences
journal, March 1981
- Smith, T. F.; Waterman, M. S.
- Journal of Molecular Biology, Vol. 147, Issue 1, p. 195-197
Small-scale, hydrogen-oxidizing-denitrifying bioreactor for treatment of nitrate-contaminated drinking water
journal, May 2005
- Smith, Richard L.; Buckwalter, Seanne P.; Repert, Deborah A.
- Water Research, Vol. 39, Issue 10, p. 2014-2023
Application of the 5' Fluorogenic Exonuclease Assay (TaqMan) for Quantitative Ribosomal DNA and rRNA Analysis in Sediments
journal, June 2001
- Stults, J. R.; Snoeyenbos-West, O.; Methe, B.
- Applied and Environmental Microbiology, Vol. 67, Issue 6, p. 2781-2789
Quantitative Analysis of Small-Subunit rRNA Genes in Mixed Microbial Populations via 5'-Nuclease Assays
journal, November 2000
- Suzuki, M. T.; Taylor, L. T.; DeLong, E. F.
- Applied and Environmental Microbiology, Vol. 66, Issue 11, p. 4605-4614
Growth, activity and temperature responses of ammonia-oxidizing archaea and bacteria in soil microcosms
journal, May 2008
- Tourna, Maria; Freitag, Thomas E.; Nicol, Graeme W.
- Environmental Microbiology, Vol. 10, Issue 5, p. 1357-1364
Autotrophic growth of anaerobic ammonium-oxidizing micro-organisms in a fluidized bed reactor
journal, August 1996
- van de Graaf, A. A.; de Bruijn, P.; Robertson, L. A.
- Microbiology, Vol. 142, Issue 8, p. 2187-2196
Nitrogen loss from soil through anaerobic ammonium oxidation coupled to iron reduction
journal, July 2012
- Yang, Wendy H.; Weber, Karrie A.; Silver, Whendee L.
- Nature Geoscience, Vol. 5, Issue 8, p. 538-541
Acetylene inhibition of nitrous oxide reduction and measurement of denitrification and nitrogen fixation in soil
journal, January 1977
- Yoshinari, T.; Hynes, R.; Knowles, R.
- Soil Biology and Biochemistry, Vol. 9, Issue 3, p. 177-183
Microbial reduction of iron(III)-rich nontronite and uranium(VI)
journal, June 2009
- Zhang, Gengxin; Senko, John M.; Kelly, Shelly D.
- Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, Vol. 73, Issue 12, p. 3523-3538
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: