Processing device with self-scrubbing logic
An apparatus includes a processing unit including a configuration memory and self-scrubber logic coupled to read the configuration memory to detect compromised data stored in the configuration memory. The apparatus also includes a watchdog unit external to the processing unit and coupled to the self-scrubber logic to detect a failure in the self-scrubber logic. The watchdog unit is coupled to the processing unit to selectively reset the processing unit in response to detecting the failure in the self-scrubber logic. The apparatus also includes an external memory external to the processing unit and coupled to send configuration data to the configuration memory in response to a data feed signal outputted by the self-scrubber logic.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- National Technology & Engineering Solutions of Sandia, LLC SNL-A
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2016 Jan 18
- Research Org:
- Sandia National Lab. (SNL-NM), Albuquerque, NM (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 97 MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTING
Other works cited in this record:Method and apparatus for mitigating one or more event upsets
patent, August 2009
- Tseng, Chen Wei; Carmichael, Carl H.
- US Patent Document 7,576,557
Self cycling solid state X-ray detector
patent-application, July 2002
- Petrick, Scott W.; Cronce, Richard G.; Castleberry, Donald E.
- US Patent Document 09/752029; 20020084421
Page granular curtained memory via mapping control
patent-application, October 2003
- Willman, Bryan Mark; England, Paul
- US Patent Document 10/124609; 20030200405
Soft error detection and recovery
patent-application, February 2006
- VanBuren, Damon A.
- US Patent Document 10/917461; 20060036909
Method and electronic device for triggering zeroization in a electronic device
patent-application, October 2006
- Moon, Billy G.
- US Patent Document 11/099877; 20060225142
Methods and Apparatus for Restoring a Node State
patent-application, February 2009
- Barsness, Eric L.; Darrington, David L.; Peters, Amanda E.
- US Patent Document 11/834807; 20090043873
Circuits And Methods For Dual Redundant Register Files With Error Detection And Correction Mechanisms
patent-application, October 2010
- Clark, Lawrence T.; Patterson, Dan W.; Yao, Xiaoyin
- US Patent Document 12/626488; 20100269022
Radiation-Hardened Processing System
patent-application, May 2011
- Espinosa, Daniel C.; Geist, Alessandro; Petrick, Daivd J.
- US Patent Document 12/854546; 20110107158
patent-application, July 2013
- Lin, Michael R.; Petrick, David J.; Geist, Alessandro
- US Patent Document 13/551649; 20130181809
Method and Circuit Structure for Suppressing Single Event Transients or Glitches in Digital Electronic Circuits
patent-application, September 2014
- Smith, Farouk
- US Patent Document 14/353215; 20140247068
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: