Hybrid organic-inorganic system for producing biofuels
The present invention provides for a system for converting CO.sub.2 and H.sub.2 to one or more biologically derived compounds. In some embodiments, the system comprises a host cell comprising one or more nucleic acids encoding genes for a recombinant surface display protein which is capable of tethering an electrocatalyst molecule, such as a cobalt(II) complex supported by tetradentate polypyridyl ligand 2-bis(2-pyridyl)(methoxy)methyl-6-pyridylpyridine (PY4), and enzymes for synthesizing a biologically derived compound, such as an alkane, alcohol, fatty acid, ester, or isoprenoid.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California LBNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 May 08
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES; 09 BIOMASS FUELS
Other works cited in this record:Methods And Organisms For Utilizing Synthesis Gas Or Other Gaseous Carbon Sources And Methanol
patent-application, July 2009
- Burk, Mark; Schilling, Christophe; Burgard, Anthony
- US Patent Application 12/358217; 20090191593
Introducing genetically encoded aldehydes into proteins
journal, April 2007
- Carrico, Isaac S.; Carlson, Brian L.; Bertozzi, Carolyn R.
- Nature Chemical Biology, Vol. 3, Issue 6, p. 321-322
The Autodisplay Story, from Discovery to Biotechnical and Biomedical Applications
journal, December 2007
- Jose, J.; Meyer, T. F.
- Microbiology and Molecular Biology Reviews, Vol. 71, Issue 4, p. 600-619
Microbial Biosynthesis of Alkanes
journal, July 2010
- Schirmer, A.; Rude, M. A.; Li, X.
- Science, Vol. 329, Issue 5991, p. 559-562
Microbial production of fatty-acid-derived fuels and chemicals from plant biomass
journal, January 2010
- Steen, Eric J.; Kang, Yisheng; Bokinsky, Gregory
- Nature, Vol. 463, Issue 7280, p. 559-562
Export of autotransported proteins proceeds through an oligomeric ring shaped by C-terminal domains
journal, May 2002
- Veiga, E.; Sugawara, E.; Nikaido, H.
- The EMBO Journal, Vol. 21, Issue 9, p. 2122-2131
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: