Modification of electrical properties of topological insulators
Ion implantation or deposition can be used to modify the bulk electrical properties of topological insulators. More particularly, ion implantation or deposition can be used to compensate for the non-zero bulk conductivity due to extrinsic charge carriers. The direct implantation of deposition/annealing of dopants allows better control over carrier concentrations for the purposes of achieving low bulk conductivity. Ion implantation or deposition enables the fabrication of inhomogeneously doped structures, enabling new types of device designs.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- National Technology & Engineering Solutions of Sandia, LLC SNL-A
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2016 Jun 08
- Research Org:
- Sandia National Lab. (SNL-NM), Albuquerque, NM (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Method for Forming an Implanted Area for a Heterojunction Transistor that is Normally Blocked
patent-application, April 2016
- Morvan, Erwan
- US Patent Application 14/787623; 20160104791
Simple tuning of carrier type in topological insulator Bi2Se3 by Mn doping
journal, October 2012
- Choi, Y. H.; Jo, N. H.; Lee, K. J.
- Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 101, Issue 15, Article No. 152103
Topological Insulator Materials
journal, October 2013
- Ando, Yoichi
- Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, Vol. 82, Issue 10, Article No. 102001
Colloquium: Topological insulators
journal, November 2010
- Hasan, M. Z.; Kane, C. L.
- Reviews of Modern Physics, Vol. 82, Issue 4, p. 3045-3067
Review of 3D topological insulator thin-film growth by molecular beam epitaxy and potential applications
journal, January 2013
- He, Liang; Kou, Xufeng; Wang, Kang L.
- physica status solidi (RRL) - Rapid Research Letters, Vol. 7, Issue 1-2, p. 50-63
-type for topological insulator and low-temperature thermoelectric applications
journal, May 2009
- Hor, Y. S.; Richardella, A.; Roushan, P.
- Physical Review B, Vol. 79, Issue 19, Article No. 195208
Ion beam modification of topological insulator bismuth selenide
journal, December 2014
- Sharma, P. A.; Lima Sharma, A. L.; Hekmaty, M.
- Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 105, Issue 24, Article No. 242106
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: