Wustite-based photoelectrodes with lithium, hydrogen, sodium, magnesium, manganese, zinc and nickel additives
A photoelectrode, photovoltaic device and photoelectrochemical cell and methods of making are disclosed. The photoelectrode includes an electrode at least partially formed of FeO combined with at least one of lithium, hydrogen, sodium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, and nickel. The electrode may be doped with at least one of lithium, hydrogen, and sodium. The electrode may be alloyed with at least one of magnesium, manganese, zinc, and nickel.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- THE TRUSTEES OF PRINCETON UNIVERSITY CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 May 21
- Research Org:
- THE TRUSTEES OF PRINCETON UNIVERSITY, Princeton, NJ (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE; 30 DIRECT ENERGY CONVERSION
Other works cited in this record:Photo-electrochemical cell
patent, May 1990
- Gratzel, Michael; Liska, Paul
- US Patent Document 4,927,721
Lithium-iron-manganese complex oxide having a layered rock-salt structure and production method thereof
patent-application, May 2002
- Tabuchi, Mitsuharu; Kageyama, Hiroyuki; Nakamura, Tatsuya
- US Patent Document 09/971738; 20020064498
patent-application, January 2004
- Oogami, Etsuo
- US Patent Document 10/608133; 20040016455
The Role of Chemistry in the Energy Challenge
journal, February 2010
- Schlögl, Robert
- ChemSusChem, Vol. 3, Issue 2, p. 209-222
Photocatalytic Water Splitting: Recent Progress and Future Challenges
journal, September 2010
- Maeda, Kazuhiko; Domen, Kazunari
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, Vol. 1, Issue 18, p. 2655-2661
Comparing Photosynthetic and Photovoltaic Efficiencies and Recognizing the Potential for Improvement
journal, May 2011
- Blankenship, R. E.; Tiede, D. M.; Barber, J.
- Science, Vol. 332, Issue 6031, p. 805-809
Synthesis and Properties of Semiconducting Iron Pyrite (FeS2) Nanowires
journal, January 2012
- Cabán-Acevedo, Miguel; Faber, Matthew S.; Tan, Yizheng
- Nano Letters, Vol. 12, Issue 4, p. 1977-1982
The optical absorption of iron oxides
journal, January 1978
- Balberg, I.; Pinch, H. L.
- Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, Vol. 7, Issue 1-4, p. 12-15
Electrical and optical properties of FeO
journal, January 1975
- Bowen, H. K.; Adler, D.; Auker, B. H.
- Journal of Solid State Chemistry, Vol. 12, Issue 3-4, p. 355-359
Detailed Balance Limit of Efficiency of p‐n Junction Solar Cells
journal, March 1961
- Shockley, William; Queisser, Hans J.
- Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 32, Issue 3, p. 510-519
First principles scheme to evaluate band edge positions in potential transition metal oxide photocatalysts and photoelectrodes
journal, January 2011
- Toroker, Maytal Caspary; Kanan, Dalal K.; Alidoust, Nima
- Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, Vol. 13, Issue 37, p. 16644-16654
The structure of monolayer films of FeO on Pt(111)
journal, December 1993
- Galloway, H. C.; Benítez, J. J.; Salmeron, M.
- Surface Science, Vol. 298, Issue 1, p. 127-133
Observation of water dissociation on nanometer-sized FeO islands grown on Pt(111)
journal, November 2010
- Wang, Wen; Zhang, Hui; Wang, Weihua
- Chemical Physics Letters, Vol. 500, Issue 1-3, p. 76-81
Activation of Hematite Nanorod Arrays for Photoelectrochemical Water Splitting
journal, March 2011
- Morrish, Rachel; Rahman, Mahfujur; MacElroy, J. M. Don
- ChemSusChem, Vol. 4, Issue 4, p. 474-479
Band Gap Engineering of MnO via ZnO Alloying: A Potential New Visible-Light Photocatalyst
journal, April 2012
- Kanan, Dalal K.; Carter, Emily A.
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, Vol. 116, Issue 18, p. 9876-9887
Small-polaron versus band conduction in some transition-metal oxides
journal, January 1970
- Bosman, A. J.; van Daal, H. J.
- Advances in Physics, Vol. 19, Issue 77, p. 1-117
Mobility of charge carriers in Wüstite (FeO1+χ)
journal, January 1967
- Bransky, I.; Tannhauser, D. S.
- Physica, Vol. 37, Issue 4, p. 547-552
Electrons in lattice fields
journal, July 1954
- Fröhlich, H.
- Advances in Physics, Vol. 3, Issue 11, p. 325-361
Polarons in crystalline and non-crystalline materials
journal, January 1969
- Austin, I. G.; Mott, N. F.
- Advances in Physics, Vol. 18, Issue 71, p. 41-102
Electron Transport in Pure and Doped Hematite
journal, April 2011
- Liao, Peilin; Toroker, Maytal Caspary; Carter, Emily A.
- Nano Letters, Vol. 11, Issue 4, p. 1775-1781
Electron transfer reactions in chemistry. Theory and experiment
journal, July 1993
- Marcus, Rudolph A.
- Reviews of Modern Physics, Vol. 65, Issue 3, p. 599-610
The effects of pressure and temperature on nonstoichiometric wüstite, FexO: The iron-rich phase boundary
journal, February 1984
- McCammon, C. A.; Liu, Lin-gun
- Physics and Chemistry of Minerals, Vol. 10, Issue 3, p. 106-113
Quantum mechanical modeling of electronic excitations in metal oxides: Magnesia as a prototype
journal, January 2012
- Kanan, Dalal K.; Sharifzadeh, Sahar; Carter, Emily A.
- Chemical Physics Letters, Vol. 519-520, p. 18-24
On the Stability of Certain Heteropolar Crystals
journal, February 1932
- Evjen, H. M.
- Physical Review, Vol. 39, Issue 4, p. 675-687
Ab initio relativistic effective potentials with spin‐orbit operators. I. Li through Ar
journal, March 1985
- Fernandez Pacios, Luis; Christiansen, P. A.
- The Journal of Chemical Physics, Vol. 82, Issue 6, p. 2664-2671
Contracted Gaussian basis sets for molecular calculations. I. Second row atoms, Z=11–18
journal, May 1980
- McLean, A. D.; Chandler, G. S.
- The Journal of Chemical Physics, Vol. 72, Issue 10, p. 5639-5648
Ab initio effective core potentials for molecular calculations. Potentials for K to Au including the outermost core orbitals
journal, January 1985
- Hay, P. Jeffrey; Wadt, Willard R.
- The Journal of Chemical Physics, Vol. 82, Issue 1, p. 299-310
General atomic and molecular electronic structure system
journal, November 1993
- Schmidt, Michael W.; Baldridge, Kim K.; Boatz, Jerry A.
- Journal of Computational Chemistry, Vol. 14, Issue 11, p. 1347-1363
Charge transfer in FeO: A combined molecular-dynamics and ab initio study
journal, December 2005
- Kerisit, Sebastien; Rosso, Kevin M.
- The Journal of Chemical Physics, Vol. 123, Issue 22, Article No. 224712
An ab initio model of electron transport in hematite (α-Fe2O3) basal planes
journal, April 2003
- Rosso, Kevin M.; Smith, Dayle M. A.; Dupuis, Michel
- The Journal of Chemical Physics, Vol. 118, Issue 14, p. 6455-6466
High-Temperature Thermoelectric Power Measurements in Wustite
journal, August 1981
- Hodge, J. D.; Bowen, H. K.
- Journal of the American Ceramic Society, Vol. 64, Issue 8, p. 431-436
Phase-Relationships in the system Fe-Na-O
journal, June 1984
- Dai, W.; Seetharaman, S.; Staffansson, L.-I.
- Metallurgical Transactions B, Vol. 15, Issue 2, p. 319-327
Macmolplt: a graphical user interface for GAMESS
journal, June 1998
- Bode, Brett M.; Gordon, Mark S.
- Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling, Vol. 16, Issue 3, p. 133-138
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: