Method and system for communicating with a laser power driver
A system for controlling a plurality of laser diodes includes an optical transmitter coupled to the laser diode driver for each laser diode. An optical signal including bi-phase encoded data is provided to each laser diode driver. The optical signal includes current level and pulse duration information at which each of the diodes is to be driven. Upon receiving a trigger signal, the laser diode drivers operate the laser diodes using the current level and pulse duration information to output a laser beam.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC LLNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2011 Nov 07
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Livermore National Lab. (LLNL), Livermore, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 47 OTHER INSTRUMENTATION
Other works cited in this record:Semiconductor Diode Laser Recorder
patent, April 1972
- Carlson, Carl O.; Bernstein, Herbert L.; Franco, Albert J.
- US Patent Document 3,656,175
Error-rate-based laser drive control
patent, April 1997
- Olsen, James J.
- US Patent Document 5,623,355
Integrated optical ports
patent, June 2000
- Branc, Joseph R.; Forslund, III, Carl V.; Miller, William L.
- US Patent Document 6,081,356
SONET Jo byte message monitoring system
patent, August 2001
- Shanton, John
- US Patent Document 6,278,535
Communication module and initialization method for multi-air conditioner system
patent, September 2001
- Park, Jun Hyoung; Seong, Si Pung
- US Patent Document 6,290,141
Wavelength preserving regenerator for DWDM transmission systems
patent, November 2002
- Morkel, Paul R.
- US Patent Document 6,476,953
Method and system for temporary interruption of video data transmission
patent, April 2006
- Lyle, James D.
- US Patent Document 7,035,290
Optical transmitter power setting using feedback
patent-application, April 2003
- Stevens, Rick C.
- US Patent Application 10/045566; 20030076569
Status Link For Multi-Channel Optical Communication Systems
patent-application, August 2008
- Cole, Christopher R.; Aronson, Lewis B.; Douma, Darin James
- US Patent Application 12/039595; 20080205900
Optical Transceiver Module Having Wireless Communications Capabilities
patent-application, January 2009
- Prater, Rudy L.
- US Patent Application 11/772881; 20090010651
Means for improved implementation of laser diodes and laser diode arrays
patent-application, April 2009
- Huff, Michael A.; Jacob, Jonah
- US Patent Applications 12/232655; 20090092162
Receivers And Transceivers For Optical Multibus Systems
patent-application, October 2013
- McLaren, Moray; Binkert, Nathan Lorenzo; Warren, David A.
- US Patent Application 13/881004; 20130259483
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: