Laser-controlled optical transconductance varistor system
An optical transconductance varistor system having a modulated radiation source configured to provide modulated stimulus, a wavelength converter operably connected to the modulated radiation source to produce a modulated stimulus having a predetermined wavelength, and a wide bandgap semiconductor photoconductive material in contact between two electrodes. The photoconductive material is operably coupled, such as by a beam transport module, to receive the modulated stimulus having the predetermined wavelength to control a current flowing through the photoconductive material when a voltage potential is present across the electrodes.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC LLNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2015 Mar 09
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Livermore National Lab. (LLNL), Livermore, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 47 OTHER INSTRUMENTATION
Other works cited in this record:Multiple gap optically activated switch
patent, September 1987
- Bovino, Lawrence
- US Patent Document 4,691,111
Variable optical delay
patent, September 2003
- Wachsman, John M.
- US Patent Document 6,614,583
Photoconductive switch module and manufacturing method thereof
patent, July 2004
- Matsuo, Daisuke; Hatakeyama, Tomoyuki
- US Patent Document 6,759,668
Optically-initiated silicon carbide high voltage switch with contoured-profile electrode interfaces
patent, September 2012
- Sullivan, James S.; Hawkins, Steven A.
- US Patent Document 8,258,632
Optically controlled silicon carbide and related wide-bandgap transistors and thyristors
patent, June 2013
- Mazzola, Michael S.
- US Patent Document 8,455,328
System and method of modulating electrical signals using photoconductive wide bandgap semiconductors as variable resistors
patent, October 2013
- Harris, John Richardson; Caporaso, George J.; Sampayan, Stephen E.
- US Patent Document 8,563,930
Method for producing recording medium, method for producing stamper of recording medium, apparatus for producing recording medium, and apparatus for producing stamper of recording medium
patent-application, April 2004
- Kishima, Koichiro
- US Patent Application 09/959480; 20040081919
Photoconductive Switch Package
patent-application, November 2010
- Caporaso, George J.
- US Patent Application 12/775156; 20100282949
Laser Light Source, Wavelength Conversion Laser Light Source And Image Display Device
patent-application, January 2012
- Furuya, Hiroyuki; Horikawa, Nobuyuki
- US Patent Application 13/256009; 20120002263
Multi-Sided Optical Waveguide-Fed Photoconductive Switches
patent-application, July 2015
- Sampayan, Stephen E.; Nguyen, Hoang T.; Nelson, Scott D.
- US Patent Application 14/656628; 20150187470
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: