Biofuel production by recombinant microorganisms
Provided herein are metabolically-modified microorganisms useful for producing biofuels. More specifically, provided herein are methods of producing high alcohols including isobutanol, 1-butanol, 1-propanol, 2-methyl-1-butanol, 3-methyl-1-butanol and 2-phenylethanol from a suitable substrate.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California EFRC
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2009 Aug 12
- Research Org:
- The Regents of the University of California, Oakland, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 09 BIOMASS FUELS
Other works cited in this record:Methylbutanol as an advanced biofuel
patent, February 2012
- Picataggio, Stephen; Brown, Robert C.; Kristof, Jessica R.
- US Patent Document 8,114,641
An Investigation of the Metabolism of Isoleucine to Active Amyl Alcohol in Saccharomyces cerevisiae
journal, April 2000
- Dickinson, J. Richard; Harrison, Scott J.; Dickinson, Jenny A.
- Journal of Biological Chemistry, Vol. 275, Issue 15, p. 10937-10942
Isoleucine Biosynthesis in Leptospira interrogans Serotype lai Strain 56601 Proceeds via a Threonine-Independent Pathway
journal, August 2004
- Xu, H.; Zhang, Y.; Guo, X.
- Journal of Bacteriology, Vol. 186, Issue 16, p. 5400-5409
Protein tolerance to random amino acid change
journal, June 2004
- Guo, H. H.; Choe, J.; Loeb, L. A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 101, Issue 25, p. 9205-9210
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: