Detection of protease and protease activity using a single nanocrescent SERS probe
This invention pertains to the in vitro detection of proteases using a single peptide-conjugate nanocrescent surface enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) probes with at least nanomolar sensitivity. The probe enables detection of proteolytic activity in extremely small volume and at low concentration. In certain embodiments the probes comprise an indicator for the detection of an active protease, where the indicator comprises a nanocrescent attached to a peptide, where said peptide comprises a recognition site for the protease and a Raman tag attached to the peptide.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA) LBNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Jan 28
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES; 47 OTHER INSTRUMENTATION; 60 APPLIED LIFE SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Development and validation of a quantitative ELISA for the measurement of PSA concentration
journal, March 2002
- Acevedo, Boris; Perera, Yasser; Ruiz, Miriam
- Clinica Chimica Acta, Vol. 317, Issue 1-2, p. 55-63
Two-dimensional electrophoresis of prostate-specific antigen in sera of men with prostate cancer or benign prostate hyperplasia
journal, January 1999
- Charrier, Jean-Philippe; Tournel, Carole; Michel, Sandrine
- Electrophoresis, Vol. 20, Issue 4-5, p. 1075-1081
Epidemiology of prostate cancer
journal, December 2003
- Crawford, E. David
- Urology, Vol. 62, Issue 6, p. 3-12
Surface-enhanced Raman scattering on tunable plasmonic nanoparticle substrates
journal, December 2004
- Jackson, J. B.; Halas, N. J.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 101, Issue 52, p. 17930-17935
Magnetic Nanocrescents as Controllable Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering Nanoprobes for Biomolecular Imaging
journal, November 2005
- Liu, G. L.; Lu, Y.; Kim, J.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 17, Issue 22, p. 2683-2688
Enzymatic action of prostate-specific antigen (PSA or hK3): Substrate specificity and regulation by Zn2+, a tight-binding inhibitor
journal, October 2000
- Malm, Johan; Hellman, Jukka; Hogg, Phil
- The Prostate, Vol. 45, Issue 2, p. 132-139
Are multiple markers the future of prostate cancer diagnostics?
journal, July 2004
- Mikolajczyk, Stephen D.; Song, Yong; Wong, James R.
- Clinical Biochemistry, Vol. 37, Issue 7, p. 519-528
Epidemiology of prostate cancer: molecular and environmental clues
journal, November 1996
- Pienta, Kenneth J.; Goodson, Jo Ann; Esper, Peggy S.
- Urology, Vol. 48, Issue 5, p. 676-683
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: