Correlation and 3D-tracking of objects by pointing sensors
A method and system for tracking at least one object using a plurality of pointing sensors and a tracking system are disclosed herein. In a general embodiment, the tracking system is configured to receive a series of observation data relative to the at least one object over a time base for each of the plurality of pointing sensors. The observation data may include sensor position data, pointing vector data and observation error data. The tracking system may further determine a triangulation point using a magnitude of a shortest line connecting a line of sight value from each of the series of observation data from each of the plurality of sensors to the at least one object, and perform correlation processing on the observation data and triangulation point to determine if at least two of the plurality of sensors are tracking the same object. Observation data may also be branched, associated and pruned using new incoming observation data.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Sandia Corporation SNL-A
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 Jul 31
- Research Org:
- Sandia National Lab. (SNL-NM), Albuquerque, NM (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 99 GENERAL AND MISCELLANEOUS; 47 OTHER INSTRUMENTATION
Other works cited in this record:Multiple hypothesis tracking for multiple target tracking
journal, January 2004
- Blackman, S. S.
- IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Magazine, Vol. 19, Issue 1, p. 5-18
An extension of the Munkres algorithm for the assignment problem to rectangular matrices
journal, December 1971
- Bourgeois, Francois; Lassalle, Jean-Claude
- Communications of the ACM, Vol. 14, Issue 12, p. 802-804
Effect of sensor bias on space-based bearing-only tracker
conference, May 2008
- Clemons III, T. M.; Chang, K. C.
Parametric model fitting: from inlier characterization to outlier detection
journal, March 1998
- Danuser, G.; Stricker, M.
- IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 20, Issue 3, p. 263-280
Track and tracklet fusion filtering
conference, August 2002
- Drummond, Oliver E.
Streamlining measurement iteration for EKF target tracking
journal, March 1991
- Kerr, T. H.
- IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 27, Issue 2, p. 408-421
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: