Bond layer for a solid oxide fuel cell, and related processes and devices
An electrically-conductive layer of material having a composition comprising lanthanum and strontium is described. The material is characterized by a microstructure having bimodal porosity. Another concept in this disclosure relates to a solid oxide fuel cell attached to at least one cathode interconnect by a cathode bond layer. The bond layer includes a microstructure having bimodal porosity. A fuel cell stack which incorporates at least one of the cathode bond layers is also described herein, along with related processes for forming the cathode bond layer.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- General Electric Company NETL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2007 Dec 21
- Research Org:
- General Electric Company, Niskayuna, NY (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Other works cited in this record:High power density solid oxide fuel cell having a graded anode
patent, May 2001
- Kim, Jai-Woh; Fung, Kuan-Zong; Virkar, Anil V.
- US Patent Document 6,228,521
A high-performance cathode for the next generation of solid-oxide fuel cells
journal, September 2004
- Shao, Zongping; Haile, Sossina M.
- Nature, Vol. 431, Issue 7005, p. 170-173
Influence of different perovskite interlayers on the electrical conductivity between La0.65Sr0.3MnO3 and Fe/Cr-based steels
journal, March 2006
- Konysheva, E; Laatsch, J; Wessel, E
- Solid State Ionics, Vol. 177, Issue 9-10, p. 923-930
Surface treatment of alloy separator in a planar-type solid oxide fuel cell
journal, July 1994
- Akiyama, Y.; Taniguchi, S.; Yasuo, T.
- Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 50, Issue 3, p. 361-368
Metallic interconnects for solid oxide fuel cells
journal, April 2005
- Fergus, Jeffrey W.
- Materials Science and Engineering: A, Vol. 397, Issue 1-2, p. 271-283
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: