Automated calibration of multistatic arrays
A method is disclosed for calibrating a multistatic array having a plurality of transmitter and receiver pairs spaced from one another along a predetermined path and relative to a plurality of bin locations, and further being spaced at a fixed distance from a stationary calibration implement. A clock reference pulse may be generated, and each of the transmitters and receivers of each said transmitter/receiver pair turned on at a monotonically increasing time delay interval relative to the clock reference pulse. Ones of the transmitters and receivers may be used such that a previously calibrated transmitter or receiver of a given one of the transmitter/receiver pairs is paired with a subsequently un-calibrated one of the transmitters or receivers of an immediately subsequently positioned transmitter/receiver pair, to calibrate the transmitter or receiver of the immediately subsequent transmitter/receiver pair.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC LLNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 May 14
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Livermore National Lab. (LLNL), Livermore, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 47 OTHER INSTRUMENTATION; 42 ENGINEERING
Other works cited in this record:Calibration of ultrasound probes
patent, March 2016
- Smith, David M.; Adam, Sharon L.; Specht, Donald F.
- US Patent Document 9,282,945
New calibration method for large aerial arrays
journal, September 1965
- Morimoto, M.
- Electronics Letters, Vol. 1, Issue 7, p. 192-193
Model-fitting approach to array calibration
conference, January 1989
- Lei, T.; Dorny, C.N.
- Digest on Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 1989
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: