Vacuum-actuated percutaneous insertion/implantation tool for flexible neural probes and interfaces
A flexible device insertion tool including an elongated stiffener with one or more suction ports, and a vacuum connector for interfacing the stiffener to a vacuum source, for attaching the flexible device such as a flexible neural probe to the stiffener during insertion by a suction force exerted through the suction ports to, and to release the flexible device by removing the suction force.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC LLNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 May 20
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Livermore National Lab. (LLNL), Livermore, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 99 GENERAL AND MISCELLANEOUS; 42 ENGINEERING
Other works cited in this record:Extendable electrocautery surgery apparatus and method
patent, April 1990
- Weber, Jr., Jaroy; Kloeckl, Terrance L.; Cast, Michael A.
- US Patent Document 4,919,129
Extendable electrocautery surgery apparatus and method
patent, July 1991
- Weber, Jr., Jaroy; Kloeckl, Terrance L.; Kast, Michael A,
- US Patent Document 5,035,695
Suction attachment for electrosurgical instruments or the like
patent, October 1991
- Olsen, Eugene
- US Patent Document 5,055,100
Impact inserter mechanism for implantation of a biomedical device
patent, November 1994
- Normann, Richard A.; Rousche, Patrick J.; Horch, Kenneth W.
- US Patent Document 5,361,760
Electrode insertion tool
patent, October 2001
- McCreery, Douglas B.; Bullara, Leo A.; Waldron, Stephen H.
- US Patent Document 6,304,785
Wound treatment apparatus employing reduced pressure
patent, July 2010
- Heaton, Keith Patrick; Hunt, Kenneth William
- US Patent Document 7,754,936
Device and method for manipulating and inserting electrode arrays into neural tissues
patent, July 2012
- Balling, Kyle; Robertson, Garett; Stander, Lael
- US Patent Document 8,226,661
Drill brush and vacuum attachment apparatus
patent, July 2013
- Doyle, Peter T.
- US Patent Document 8,479,354
Diverticulum inverting device
patent, July 2015
- Hawkins, Daniel; Adams, John
- US Patent Document 9,084,605
Flexible microelectrode arrays with integrated insertion devices
conference, January 2001
- O'Brien, D.P.; Nichols, T.R.; Allen, M.G.
- Technical Digest MEMS 2001 14th IEEE International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems
Flexible microfluidic devices supported by biodegradable insertion scaffolds for convection-enhanced neural drug delivery
journal, April 2009
- Foley, Conor P.; Nishimura, Nozomi; Neeves, Keith B.
- Biomedical Microdevices, Vol. 11, Issue 4, p. 915-924
Insertion shuttle with carboxyl terminated self-assembled monolayer coatings for implanting flexible polymer neural probes in the brain
journal, November 2009
- Kozai, Takashi D. Yoshida; Kipke, Daryl R.
- Journal of Neuroscience Methods, Vol. 184, Issue 2, p. 199-205
Magnetic insertion system for flexible electrode implantation
journal, October 2009
- Jaroch, David B.; Ward, Matthew P.; Chow, Eric Y.
- Journal of Neuroscience Methods, Vol. 183, Issue 2, p. 213-222
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: