Self-limiting filters for band-selective interferer rejection or cognitive receiver protection
The present invention related to self-limiting filters, arrays of such filters, and methods thereof. In particular embodiments, the filters include a metal transition film (e.g., a VO.sub.2 film) capable of undergoing a phase transition that modifies the film's resistivity. Arrays of such filters could allow for band-selective interferer rejection, while permitting transmission of non-interferer signals.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Sandia Corporation SNL-A
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2015 May 26
- Research Org:
- Sandia National Lab. (SNL-NM), Albuquerque, NM (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 47 OTHER INSTRUMENTATION; 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Other works cited in this record:Compact coupled line filter circuit
patent, February 1993
- Russell, Mark E.; Donisi, Anthony M.; Miller, David C.
- US Patent Document 5,187,459
patent, January 1994
- Tan, Robert J.
- US Patent Document 5,280,256
patent, September 1999
- Weiss, Jerald A.; Temme, Donald H.; Dionne, Gerald F.
- US Patent Document 5,949,311
Phase change control devices and circuits for guiding electromagnetic waves employing phase change control devices
patent, December 2004
- Wyeth, N. Convers; Green, Albert M.
- US Patent Document 6,828,884
Vanadium oxide RF/microwave integrated switch suitable for use with phased array radar antenna
patent, January 2010
- Robinson, Kevin L.; Huber, William H.
- US Patent Document 7,642,881
Vanadium-dioxide front-end advanced shutter technology
patent, November 2011
- Hillman, Christopher E.; De Natale, Jeffrey F.; Hacker, Jonathan B.
- US Patent Document 8,067,996
Frequency-agile frequency-selective variable attenuator
patent, November 2012
- Jachowski, Douglas R.
- US Patent Document 8,305,164
Stacked diode limiter
patent, March 2015
- Ryu, Seung-Kab; Lee, Kyung-Hoon; Chu, Kwang-Uk
- US Patent Document 8,994,471
patent, February 2016
- Bouchez, Joseph J.; Nguyen, Tuong
- US Patent Document 9,270,246
Tunable Frequency Selective Surfaces and Negative-Zero-Positive Index Metamaterials Based on Liquid Crystals
journal, May 2008
- Bossard, Jeremy A.; Liang, Xiaotao; Li, Ling
- IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 56, Issue 5, p. 1308-1320
Ultra-Broadband Femtosecond Measurements of the Photo-Induced Phase Transition in VO2: From the Mid-IR to the Hard X-rays
journal, January 2006
- Cavalleri, A.; Rini, M.; Schoenlein, R. W.
- Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, Vol. 75, Issue 1, Article No. 011004
A MEMS-Tunable Frequency-Selective Surface Monolithically Integrated on a Flexible Substrate
conference, June 2007
- Coutts, G. M.; Mansour, R. R.; Chaudhuri, S. K.
Microwave Power Limiting Devices Based on the Semiconductor–Metal Transition in Vanadium–Dioxide Thin Films
journal, September 2010
- Givernaud, Julien; Crunteanu, Aurelian; Orlianges, Jean-Cristophe
- IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 58, Issue 9, p. 2352-2361
Review on Microwave and Millimeter Filters Using MEMS Technology
conference, February 2007
- Jaimes-Vera, Aline; Llamas-Garro, Ignacio; Corona-Chavez, Alonso
Micromachined circuits for millimeter- and sub-millimeter-wave applications
journal, October 1993
- Katehi, L. P. B.; Rebeiz, G. M.; Weller, T. M.
- IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 35, Issue 5, p. 9-17
Distributed MEMS transmission lines for tunable filter applications
journal, September 2001
- Liu, Yu; Borgioli, Andrea; Nagra, Amit S.
- International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol. 11, Issue 5, p. 254-260
A channelized-limiter approach to receiver front-end protection
journal, July 1996
- Rauscher, C.
- IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 44, Issue 7, p. 1125-1129
Correlation between metal-insulator transition characteristics and electronic structure changes in vanadium oxide thin films
journal, May 2008
- Ruzmetov, Dmitry; Senanayake, Sanjaya D.; Narayanamurti, Venkatesh
- Physical Review B, Vol. 77, Issue 19, Article No. 195442
Switchable low-loss RF MEMS Ka-band frequency-selective surface
journal, November 2004
- Schoenlinner, B.; Abbaspour-Tamijani, A.; Kempel, L. C.
- IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 52, Issue 11, p. 2474-2481
A frequency selective surface with integrated limiter for receiver protection
conference, July 2012
- Scott, Sean; Nordquist, Christopher D.; Cich, Michael J.
Band-selective interferer rejection for cognitive receiver protection
conference, June 2013
- Scott, Sean; Nordquist, Christopher D.; Custer, Joyce
Metal-insulator transition in vanadium dioxide
journal, June 1975
- Zylbersztejn, A.; Mott, N. F.
- Physical Review B, Vol. 11, Issue 11, p. 4383-4395
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: