Ligand-modified metal clusters for gas separation and purification
Provided is an organic ligand-bound metal surface that selects one gaseous species over another. The species can be closely sized molecular species having less than 1 Angstrom difference in kinetic diameter. In one embodiment, the species comprise carbon monoxide and ethylene. Such organic ligand-bound metal surfaces can be successfully used in gas phase separations or purifications, sensing, and in catalysis.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 May 30
- Research Org:
- The Regents of the University of California, Oakland, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Process for making microporous membranes having selected gas-selective sites and the membranes so made
patent, April 2003
- Mullhaupt, Joseph; Stephenson, Neil; Notaro, Frank
- US Patent Document 6,547,859
Stabilization of coordinatively unsaturated Ir4 clusters with bulky ligands a comparative study of chemical and mechanical effects
journal, January 2012
- Okrut, Alexander; Gazit, Oz; Silva, Namal de
- Dalton Transactions, Vol. 41, Issue 7, p. 2091-2099
The adsorption of CO on transition metal clusters: A case study of cluster surface chemistry
journal, June 2009
- Fielicke, André; Gruene, Philipp; Meijer, Gerard
- Surface Science, Vol. 603, Issue 10-12, p. 1427-1433
Enzyme Promiscuity: A Mechanistic and Evolutionary Perspective
journal, June 2010
- Khersonsky, Olga; Tawfik, Dan S.
- Annual Review of Biochemistry, Vol. 79, Issue 1, p. 471-505
From molecular diversity to catalysis: lessons from the immune system
journal, September 1995
- Schultz, P.; Lerner, R.
- Science, Vol. 269, Issue 5232, p. 1835-1842
Hybrid Organic−Inorganic Solids That Show Shape Selectivity
journal, April 2010
- Román-Leshkov, Yuriy; Moliner, Manuel; Davis, Mark E.
- Chemistry of Materials, Vol. 22, Issue 8, p. 2646-2652
Organic-functionalized molecular sieves. III. Shape selective catalysis
journal, January 2001
- Jones, Christopher W.; Tsapatsis, Michael; Okubo, Tatsuya
- Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, Vol. 42, Issue 1, p. 21-35
Synthesis and Catalytic Properties of Metal Clusters Encapsulated within Small-Pore (SOD, GIS, ANA) Zeolites
journal, October 2012
- Goel, Sarika; Wu, Zhijie; Zones, Stacey I.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 134, Issue 42, p. 17688-17695
The implications of the fundamentals of shape selectivity for the development of catalysts for the petroleum and petrochemical industries
journal, May 2003
- Degnan, Thomas F.
- Journal of Catalysis, Vol. 216, Issue 1-2, p. 32-46
Alkylation of aromatics with ethylene and propylene: recent developments in commercial processes
journal, November 2001
- Degnan, Thomas F.; Smith, C. Morris; Venkat, Chaya R.
- Applied Catalysis A: General, Vol. 221, Issue 1-2, p. 283-294
Preparation, characterisation and catalytic activity of ITQ-2, a delaminated zeolite
journal, August 2000
- Corma, A.; Fornés, V.; Guil, J. M.
- Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, Vol. 38, Issue 2-3, p. 301-309
Shape-selective sieving layers on an oxide catalyst surface
journal, October 2012
- Canlas, Christian P.; Lu, Junling; Ray, Natalie A.
- Nature Chemistry, Vol. 4, Issue 12, p. 1030-1036
Enzyme-analogue built polymers, 24 On the distance accuracy of functional groups in polymers and silicas introduced by a template approach
journal, October 1987
- Wulff, Günter; Heide, Barbara; Helfmeier, Georg
- Reactive Polymers, Ion Exchangers, Sorbents, Vol. 6, Issue 2-3, p. 299-310
Calixarenes, Macrocycles with (Almost) Unlimited Possibilities
journal, April 1995
- Böhmer, Volker
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition in English, Vol. 34, Issue 7, p. 713-745
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: