Mounting clips for panel installation
An exemplary mounting clip for removably attaching panels to a supporting structure comprises a base, spring locking clips, a lateral flange, a lever flange, and a spring bonding pad. The spring locking clips extend upwardly from the base. The lateral flange extends upwardly from a first side of the base. The lateral flange comprises a slot having an opening configured to receive at least a portion of one of the one or more panels. The lever flange extends outwardly from the lateral flange. The spring bonding flange extends downwardly from the lever flange. At least a portion of the first spring bonding flange comprises a serrated edge for gouging at least a portion of the one or more panels when the one or more panels are attached to the mounting clip to electrically and mechanically couple the one or more panels to the mounting clip.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Georgia Tech Research Corporation DOEEE
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 Mar 28
- Research Org:
- Georgia Tech Research Corporation, Atlanta, GA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 42 ENGINEERING
Other works cited in this record:Mounting apparatus for a high power mobile radio
patent, October 1998
- Joss, Steve M.; Robertson, William H.; Mallar, Elias R.
- US Patent Document 5,823,495
Spring-clamp style contact for PCB to terminate solar panel tabbing
patent, October 2007
- Daily, Christopher G.; Duesterhoeft, Scott
- US Patent Document 7,285,006
patent, April 2008
- Scroggie, Derek; Osterland, Robert
- US Patent Document 7,351,023
patent, May 2012
- Magno, Joey D.; Jolly, Robert K.; Cole, Andrew C.
- US Patent Document 8,181,926
PV module mounting method and mounting assembly
patent, April 2013
- Lenox, Carl J. S.; Johnson, Kurt M.
- US Patent Document 8,424,255
Solar panel assembly attachment apparatus
patent, November 2013
- Kilgore, Dorian J.; Teller, William; Evangelista, Elio G.
- US Patent Document 8,590,223
Solar panel securing system
patent, May 2014
- DuPont, Luc; Cheung, Brian C.
- US Patent Document 8,713,881
System for mounting solar modules
patent, November 2014
- Kanczuzewski, Nicholas; Kanczuzewski, Thomas J.; Rienks, Peter
- US Patent Document 8,875,453
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: