Fabrication of neural interfaces using 3D projection micro-stereolithography
The present invention is related to methods of fabricating neural interfaces using 3D projection micro-stereolithography.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Sandia Corporation SNL-A
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Nov 20
- Research Org:
- Sandia National Lab. (SNL-NM), Albuquerque, NM (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Other works cited in this record:Apparatus for production of three-dimensional objects by stereolithography
patent, March 1986
- Hull, Charles W.
- US Patent Document 4,575,330
Nanotailoring photocrosslinkable epoxy resins with multi-walled carbon nanotubes for stereolithography layered manufacturing
journal, December 2006
- Sandoval, J. H.; Soto, K. F.; Murr, L. E.
- Journal of Materials Science, Vol. 42, Issue 1, p. 156-165
Fabrication of Off-the-Shelf Multilumen Poly(Ethylene Glycol) Nerve Guidance Conduits Using Stereolithography
journal, August 2011
- Arcaute, Karina; Mann, Brenda K.; Wicker, Ryan B.
- Tissue Engineering Part C: Methods, Vol. 17, Issue 1, p. 27-38
A Polymer Foam Conduit Seeded with Schwann Cells Promotes Guided Peripheral Nerve Regeneration
journal, April 2000
- Hadlock, Tessa; Sundback, Cathryn; Hunter, Daniel
- Tissue Engineering, Vol. 6, Issue 2, p. 119-127
Projection micro-stereolithography using digital micro-mirror dynamic mask
journal, May 2005
- Sun, C.; Fang, N.; Wu, D. M.
- Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Vol. 121, Issue 1, p. 113-120
A micromachined silicon sieve electrode for nerve regeneration applications
journal, April 1994
- Akin, T.; Najafi, K.; Smoke, R. H.
- IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 41, Issue 4, p. 305-313
Study of the spatial resolution of a new 3D microfabrication process: the microstereophotolithography using a dynamic mask-generator technique
journal, July 1997
- Bertsch, A.; Jézéquel, J. Y.; André, J. C.
- Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry, Vol. 107, Issue 1-3, p. 275-281
Mechanical properties of acellular peripheral nerve
journal, October 2003
- Borschel, Gregory H.; Kia, Kevin F.; Kuzon, William M.
- Journal of Surgical Research, Vol. 114, Issue 2, p. 133-139
Evaluation of polydimethylsiloxane scaffolds with physiologically-relevant elastic moduli: interplay of substrate mechanics and surface chemistry effects on vascular smooth muscle cell response
journal, June 2005
- Brown, Xin Q.; Ookawa, Keiko; Wong, Joyce Y.
- Biomaterials, Vol. 26, Issue 16, p. 3123-3129
Synthesis and electrospun fiber mats of low Tg poly(propylene fumerate-co-propylene maleate)
journal, April 2010
- Cicotte, Kirsten N.; Hedberg-Dirk, Elizabeth L.; Dirk, Shawn M.
- Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 117, Issue 4, p. 1984-1991
Neural Stimulation and Recording Electrodes
journal, August 2008
- Cogan, Stuart F.
- Annual Review of Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 10, Issue 1, p. 275-309
Use of stereolithography to manufacture critical-sized 3D biodegradable scaffolds for bone ingrowth
journal, January 2003
- Cooke, Malcolm N.; Fisher, John P.; Dean, David
- Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, Vol. 64B, Issue 2, p. 65-69
Conductive Electrospun and Micro-Stereo Lithographically Produced Porous Scaffolds as Potential Neural Interface Materials
journal, January 2012
- Dirk, Shawn M.; Cicotte, Kirsten N.; Hedberg-Dirk, Elizabeth L.
- MRS Proceedings, Vol. 1418
A Peripheral Nerve Information Transducer for Amputees: Long-Term Multichannel Recordings from Rabbit Peripheral Nerves
journal, February 1986
- Edell, David J.
- IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. BME-33, Issue 2, p. 203-214
Synthesis and properties of photocross-linked poly(propylene fumarate) scaffolds
journal, April 2012
- P.Fisher, John; Holland, Theresa A.; Dean, David
- Journal of Biomaterials Science, Polymer Edition, Vol. 12, Issue 6, p. 673-687
Controlled release of an osteogenic peptide from injectable biodegradable polymeric composites
journal, December 2002
- Hedberg, Elizabeth L.; Tang, Andrew; Crowther, Roger S.
- Journal of Controlled Release, Vol. 84, Issue 3, p. 137-150
In vitro degradation of porous poly(propylene fumarate)/poly(dl-lactic-co-glycolic acid) composite scaffolds
journal, June 2005
- Hedberg, Elizabeth L.; Shih, Charles K.; Lemoine, Jeremy J.
- Biomaterials, Vol. 26, Issue 16, p. 3215-3225
Esters of Maleic Anhydride as Both a New and Old Material for Tissue Engineering
journal, January 2011
- Hedberg-Dirk, Elizabeth L.; Cicotte, Kirsten Nicole; Dirk, Shawn M.
- MRS Proceedings, Vol. 1235
Synthesis of poly(propylene fumarate)
journal, April 2009
- Kasper, F. Kurtis; Tanahashi, Kazuhiro; Fisher, John P.
- Nature Protocols, Vol. 4, Issue 4, p. 518-525
Regeneration microelectrode array for peripheral nerve recording and stimulation
journal, September 1992
- Kovacs, G. T. A.; Storment, C. W.; Rosen, J. M.
- IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 39, Issue 9, p. 893-902
Strain, stress and stretch of peripheral nerve Rabbit experiments in vitro and in vivo
journal, January 1992
- Kwan, Michael K.; Wall, Eric J.; Massie, Jenni
- Acta Orthopaedica Scandinavica, Vol. 63, Issue 3, p. 267-272
Long Micro-Channel Electrode Arrays: A Novel Type of Regenerative Peripheral Nerve Interface
journal, October 2009
- Lacour, Stephanie P.; Fitzgerald, James J.; Lago, Natalia
- IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, Vol. 17, Issue 5, p. 454-460
Regeneration Electrode Units: Implants for Recording from Single Peripheral Nerve Fibers in Freely Moving Animals
journal, February 1974
- Mannard, A.; Stein, R. B.; Charles, D.
- Science, Vol. 183, Issue 4124, p. 547-549
Three-Dimensional Printing Using a Photoinitiated Polymer
journal, May 2010
- Muskin, Joseph; Ragusa, Matthew; Gelsthorpe, Thomas
- Journal of Chemical Education, Vol. 87, Issue 5, p. 512-514
A critical review of interfaces with the peripheral nervous system for the control of neuroprostheses and hybrid bionic systems
journal, September 2005
- Navarro, Xavier; Krueger, Thilo B.; Lago, Natalia
- Journal of the Peripheral Nervous System, Vol. 10, Issue 3, p. 229-258
Peripheral nerve regeneration through microelectrode arrays based on silicon technology
- Navarro, Xavier; Calvet, Santiago; Buti, Miquel
- Restorative Neurology and Neuroscience, Vol. 9, Issue 3, p. 151-160
Technology Insight: future neuroprosthetic therapies for disorders of the nervous system
journal, August 2007
- Normann, Richard A.
- Nature Clinical Practice Neurology, Vol. 3, Issue 8, p. 444-452
Electrospun micro- and nanofiber tubes for functional nervous regeneration in sciatic nerve transections
journal, April 2008
- Panseri, Silvia; Cunha, Carla; Lowery, Joseph
- BMC Biotechnology, Vol. 8, Issue 1, Article No. 39
Selective Electrical Interfaces with the Nervous System
journal, August 2002
- Rutten, Wim L. C.
- Annual Review of Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 4, Issue 1, p. 407-452
An in vitro mechanical and histological study of acute stretching on rabbit tibial nerve
journal, September 1990
- Rydevik, Björn L.; Kwan, Michael K.; Myers, Robert R.
- Journal of Orthopaedic Research, Vol. 8, Issue 5, p. 694-701
Rat sciatic nerve regeneration through a micromachined silicon chip
journal, January 1997
- Zhao, Qing; Drott, Johan; Laurell, Thomas
- Biomaterials, Vol. 18, Issue 1, p. 75-80
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: