Methods of depositing an alpha-silicon-carbide-containing film at low temperature
Described methods are useful for depositing a silicon carbide film including Alpha-SiC at low temperatures (e.g., below about 1400.degree. C.), and resulting multi-layer structures and devices. A method includes introducing a chlorinated hydrocarbon gas and a chlorosilicon gas into a reaction chamber, and reacting the chlorinated hydrocarbon gas with the chlorosilicon gas at a temperature of less than about 1400.degree. C. to grow the silicon carbide film. The silicon carbide film so-formed includes Alpha-SiC.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Sandia Corporation (Albuquerque, NM) SNL-A
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 Aug 05
- Research Org:
- Sandia National Lab. (SNL-NM), Albuquerque, NM (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Other works cited in this record:Process for applying a protective layer to shaped carbon bodies
patent, March 1980
- Sirtl, Erhard; Rath, Heinz-Jorg
- US Patent Document 4,194,028
Synthesis of diamond powders in the gas phase
patent, February 1992
- Frenklach, Michael; Spear, Karl; Koba, Richard
- US Patent Document 5,087,434
Method for forming a silicon carbide film
patent, October 1993
- Nagasawa, Hiroyuki; Yamaguchi, Yohichi
- US Patent Document 5,254,370
Method of forming silicon carbide
patent, March 1994
- Tay, Sing; Ellul, Joseph
- US Patent Document 5,296,258
Method for producing a wafer with a monocrystalline silicon carbide layer
patent, December 1995
- Scholz, Christoph; Koehl, Franz; Weber, Thomas
- US Patent Document 5,471,946
Process for producing silicon carbide layers and an article
patent, December 1997
- Ivanov, Leonard; Chernikov, Georgy; Eljutin, Alexandr
- US Patent Document 5,698,261
Substrate processing apparatus and substrate processing method
patent, March 2002
- Yoshimura, Yuta; Miyazaki, Kei; Katayama, Kyoshige
- US Patent Document 6,354,832
Resistance random access memory devices and method of fabrication
patent, August 2008
- Li, Tingkai; Hsu, Sheng; Evans, David
- US Patent Document 7,407,858
patent, March 2011
- Fields, Robert
- US Patent Document 7,914,963
Micromechanical properties of silicon-carbide thin films deposited using single-source chemical-vapor deposition
journal, July 2001
- Stoldt, C. R.; Fritz, M. C.; Carraro, C.
- Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 79, Issue 3, p. 347-349
Behavior of oxygen doped SiC thin films: An x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy study
journal, October 2000
- Avila, A.; Montero, I.; Galán, L.
- Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 89, Issue 1, p. 212-216
A SiC MEMS Resonant Strain Sensor for Harsh Environment Applications
journal, April 2007
- Azevedo, Robert G.; Jones, Debbie G.; Jog, Anand V.
- IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 7, Issue 4, p. 568-576
Surface and interface stress effects in thin films
journal, May 1994
- Cammarata, Robert C.
- Progress in Surface Science, Vol. 46, Issue 1, p. 1-38
Origin of Compressive Residual Stress in Polycrystalline Thin Films
journal, March 2002
- Chason, E.; Sheldon, B. W.; Freund, L. B.
- Physical Review Letters, Vol. 88, Issue 15, Article No. 156103
Low Pressure Chemical Etching of Silicon by HCl / H2 Gas Mixtures
journal, January 1987
- Domínguez, C.; Pastor, G.; Dominguez, E.
- Journal of The Electrochemical Society, Vol. 134, Issue 1, p. 199-202
Artificially layered heteropolytypic structures based on SiC polytypes: molecular beam epitaxy, characterization and properties
journal, May 2003
- Fissel, A.
- Physics Reports, Vol. 379, Issue 3-4, p. 149-255
Low Stress Polycrystalline SiC Thin Films Suitable for MEMS Applications
journal, January 2011
- Fu, Xiao-An; Dunning, Jeremy L.; Mehregany, Mehran
- Journal of The Electrochemical Society, Vol. 158, Issue 6, p. H675-H680
Use of deposition pressure to control residual stress in polycrystalline SiC films
journal, January 2004
- Fu, Xiao-An; Jezeski, Ronald; Zorman, Christian A.
- Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 84, Issue 3, p. 341-343
Polycrystalline 3C-SiC thin films deposited by dual precursor LPCVD for MEMS applications
journal, March 2005
- Fu, Xiao-An; Dunning, Jeremy L.; Zorman, Christian A.
- Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Vol. 119, Issue 1, p. 169-176
Thermodynamic Analysis of Blanket and Selective Epitaxy of Sic on Si and SiO2 Masked Si
journal, January 1996
- Gao, Y.; Edgar, J. H.
- MRS Proceedings, Vol. 441, Article No. 735
Refinement of the crystal structure of SiC type 6H
journal, October 1967
- Gomes de Mesquita, A. H.
- Acta Crystallographica, Vol. 23, Issue 4, p. 610-617
Formation of stress-controlled, highly textured, α-SiC thin films at 950 °C
journal, July 2012
- Habermehl, S.; Rodriguez, M.; Simmons, B.
- Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 112, Issue 1, Article No. 013535
Stress relaxation in Si-rich silicon nitride thin films
journal, May 1998
- Habermehl, S.
- Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 83, Issue 9, p. 4672-4677
A computational study into the origin of SiC polytypes
journal, January 1992
- Heine, V.; Cheng, C.; Needs, R. J.
- Materials Science and Engineering: B, Vol. 11, Issue 1-4, p. 55-60
Effect of Reduced Pressure on 3C-SiC Heteroepitaxial Growth on Si by CVD
journal, September 2006
- Ishida, Y.; Takahashi, T.; Okumura, H.
- Chemical Vapor Deposition, Vol. 12, Issue 8-9, p. 495-501
Control of polytype formation in silicon carbide heteroepitaxial films by pulsed-laser deposition
journal, February 2004
- Kusumori, Takeshi; Muto, Hachizo; Brito, Manuel E.
- Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 84, Issue 8, p. 1272-1274
Electronic Band Structure of SiC Polytypes: A Discussion of Theory and Experiment
journal, July 1997
- Lambrecht, W.R.L.; Limpijumnong, S.; Rashkeev, S.N.
- physica status solidi (b), Vol. 202, Issue 1, p. 5-33
A vacancy model of the heteropolytype epitaxy of SiC
journal, March 2005
- Lebedev, A. A.; Davydov, S. Yu.
- Semiconductors, Vol. 39, Issue 3, p. 277-280
Tunable in situ growth of porous cubic silicon carbide thin films via methyltrichlorosilane-based chemical vapor deposition
journal, September 2009
- Lien, Wei-Cheng; Ferralis, Nicola; Pisano, Albert P.
- Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 95, Issue 10, Article No. 101901
Residual stress characterization of polycrystalline 3C-SiC films on Si(100) deposited from methylsilane
journal, July 2009
- Liu, Fang; Carraro, Carlo; Chu, Jiaru
- Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 106, Issue 1, Article No. 013505
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: