Creation of high-pinning microstructures in post production YBCO coated conductors
A method comprising irradiating a polycrystalline rare earth metal-alkaline earth metal-transition metal-oxide superconductor layer with protons having an energy of 1 to 6 MeV. The irradiating process produces an irradiated layer that comprises randomly dispersed defects with an average diameter in the range of 1-10 nm.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- UChicago Argonne, LLC (Chicago, IL) ANL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 Mar 17
- Research Org:
- Argonne National Lab. (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Other works cited in this record:Method of enhancing the upper critical field (HC2) in high temperature superconducting ceramic copper oxide perovskites
patent, March 1992
- Rosen, Carol
- US Patent Document 5,093,310
Process for controlling oxygen content of superconductive oxide, superconductive device and process for production thereof
patent, March 1992
- Kato, Takahiko; Aihara, Katsuzo; Kuniya, Jiro
- US Patent Document 5,096,882
High-Tc superconducting ceramic oxide products and macroscopic and microscopic methods of making the same
patent, May 1998
- Zhou, Dawei
- US Patent Document 5,756,427
Enhancement of persistent currents in high TC superconductors
patent, June 1999
- Krusin-Elbaum, Lia; Marwick, Alan; Lisowski, Paul
- US Patent Document 5,912,210
Method of forming textured high-temperature superconductors
patent, July 2000
- Weinstein, Roy
- US Patent Document 6,083,885
High-TC superconducting ceramic oxide products and macroscopic and microscopic methods of making the same
patent, October 2001
- Zhou, Dawei
- US Patent Document 6,308,399
Method for fabricating high aspect ratio structures in perovskite material
patent, October 2003
- Karapetrov, Goran; Kwok, Wai-Kwong; Crabtree, George
- US Patent Document 6,638,895
Mixed pinning landscape in nanoparticle-introduced YGdBaCuO films grown by metal organic deposition
journal, May 2011
- Miura, M.; Maiorov, B.; Baily, S. A.
- Physical Review B, Vol. 83, Issue 18, Article No. 184519
Enhanced critical magnetization currents due to fast neutron irradiation in single-crystal
journal, November 1987
- Umezawa, A.; Crabtree, G. W.; Liu, J. Z.
- Physical Review B, Vol. 36, Issue 13, p. 7151-7154
Theory and simulations on strong pinning of vortex lines by nanoparticles
journal, September 2011
- Koshelev, A. E.; Kolton, A. B.
- Physical Review B, Vol. 84, Issue 10, Article No. 104528
Strongly enhanced current densities in superconducting coated conductors of YBa2Cu3O7–x + BaZrO3
journal, May 2004
- MacManus-Driscoll, J. L.; Foltyn, S. R.; Jia, Q. X.
- Nature Materials, Vol. 3, Issue 7, p. 439-443
Three dimensional analyses of flux pinning centers in Dy-doped YBa2Cu3O7−x coated superconductors by STEM tomography
journal, December 2009
- Ortalan, V.; Herrera, M.; Rupich, M.W.
- Physica C: Superconductivity, Vol. 469, Issue 23-24, p. 2052-2059
Structure and flux pinning properties of irradiation defects in YBa2Cu3O7-x
journal, January 1993
- Kirk, M.A.
- Cryogenics, Vol. 33, Issue 3, p. 235-242
Materials science challenges for high-temperature superconducting wire
journal, September 2007
- Foltyn, S. R.; Civale, L.; MacManus-Driscoll, J. L.
- Nature Materials, Vol. 6, Issue 9, p. 631-642
Strong pinning in high-temperature superconducting films
journal, July 2002
- van der Beek, C. J.; Konczykowski, M.; Abal’oshev, A.
- Physical Review B, Vol. 66, Issue 2, Article No. 024523
The Effect of Proton Irradiation on the Critical Current of Commercially Produced YBCO Conductors
journal, June 2009
- Greene, G.A.; Gupta, R.C.; Sampson, W.B.
- IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 19, Issue 3, p. 3164-3167
Pinning in layered inhomogeneous superconductors
journal, April 1991
- Ovchinnikov, Yu. N.; Ivlev, B. I.
- Physical Review B, Vol. 43, Issue 10, p. 8024-8029
Metalorganic Deposition of YBCO Films for Second-Generation High-Temperature Superconductor Wires
journal, August 2004
- Rupich, Martin W.; Verebelyi, Darren T.; Zhang, Wei
- MRS Bulletin, Vol. 29, Issue 8, p. 572-578
The Development of Second Generation HTS Wire at American Superconductor
journal, June 2007
- Rupich, M.W.; Schoop, U.; Verebelyi, D.T.
- IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 17, Issue 2, p. 3379-3382
Doubling the critical current density of high temperature superconducting coated conductors through proton irradiation
journal, September 2013
- Jia, Y.; LeRoux, M.; Miller, D. J.
- Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 103, Issue 12, Article No. 122601
Flux vortices and transport currents in type II superconductors
journal, March 1972
- Campbell, A.M.; Evetts, J.E.
- Advances in Physics, Vol. 21, Issue 90, p. 199-428
Transport properties, phase transition, and recovery near 200 K of proton-irradiated Y thin films
journal, July 1988
- Xiong, G. C.; Li, H. C.; Linker, G.
- Physical Review B, Vol. 38, Issue 1, p. 240-243
Defect independence of the irreversibility line in proton-irradiated Y-Ba-Cu-O crystals
journal, August 1990
- Civale, L.; Marwick, A. D.; McElfresh, M. W.
- Physical Review Letters, Vol. 65, Issue 9, p. 1164-1167
Thickness dependence of magnetic relaxation and - characteristics in superconducting (Gd-Y)-Ba-Cu-O films with strong vortex pinning
journal, July 2011
- Polat, Ö.; Sinclair, J. W.; Zuev, Y. L.
- Physical Review B, Vol. 84, Issue 2, Article No. 024519
Second Generation HTS Quadrupole for FRIB
journal, June 2011
- Gupta, Ramesh; Anerella, Mike; Cozzolino, John
- IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 21, Issue 3, p. 1888-1891
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: