Monomers, polymers and articles containing the same from sugar derived compounds
Disclosed herein are monomers formed by reacting a sugar derived compound(s) comprising a lactone and two hydroxyls with a compound(s) comprising an isocyanate and an acrylate or methacrylate. Polymers formed from such monomers, and articles formed from the polymers are also disclosed.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA (Minneapolis, MN) CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 Nov 26
- Research Org:
- REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA, Minneapolis, MN (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
Other works cited in this record:Photopolymerization kinetics of multifunctional monomers
journal, May 2001
- Andrzejewska, Ewa
- Progress in Polymer Science, Vol. 26, Issue 4, p. 605-665
Evaluation of the network parameter in aliphatic poly(urethane dimethacrylate)s by dynamic thermal analysis
journal, April 2000
- Barszczewska-Rybarek, I.; Gibas, M.; Kurcok, M.
- Polymer, Vol. 41, Issue 9, p. 3129-3135
Polymers from renewable 1,4:3,6-dianhydrohexitols (isosorbide, isomannide and isoidide): A review
journal, May 2010
- Fenouillot, F.; Rousseau, A.; Colomines, G.
- Progress in Polymer Science, Vol. 35, Issue 5, p. 578-622
Hollow polymeric nanostructures—Synthesis, morphology and function
journal, January 2011
- Fu, Guo-Dong; Li, Guo Liang; Neoh, K. G.
- Progress in Polymer Science, Vol. 36, Issue 1, p. 127-167
Hydroxylated nylons based on unprotected esterified D-glucaric acid by simple condensation reactions
journal, January 1994
- Kiely, D. E.; Chen, L.; Lin, T. H.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 116, Issue 2, p. 571-578
Porous monodisperse poly(divinylbenzene) microspheres by precipitation polymerization
journal, July 1998
- Li, Wen-Hui; St�ver, Harald D. H.
- Journal of Polymer Science Part A: Polymer Chemistry, Vol. 36, Issue 10, p. 1543-1551
Mono- or narrow disperse poly(methacrylate-co-divinylbenzene) microspheres by precipitation polymerization
journal, August 1999
- Li, Wen-Hui; Stover, Harald D. H.
- Journal of Polymer Science Part A: Polymer Chemistry, Vol. 37, Issue 15, p. 2899-2907
Polymerization reaction dynamics of ethylene glycol methacrylates and dimethacrylates by calorimetry
journal, January 1992
- Scranton, Alec B.; Bowman, Christopher N.; Klier, John
- Polymer, Vol. 33, Issue 8, p. 1683-1689
Chemical degradation of poly(2-aminoethyl methacrylate)
journal, August 2008
- Thompson, Kate L.; Read, Elizabeth S.; Armes, Steven P.
- Polymer Degradation and Stability, Vol. 93, Issue 8, p. 1460-1466
Applications of polymethacrylate-based monoliths in high-performance liquid chromatography
journal, March 2009
- Vlakh, E. G.; Tennikova, T. B.
- Journal of Chromatography A, Vol. 1216, Issue 13, p. 2637-2650
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: