Compositions and methods for detecting single nucleotide polymorphisms
Described herein are nucleic acid based probes and methods for discriminating and detecting single nucleotide variants in nucleic acid molecules (e.g., DNA). The methods include use of a pair of probes can be used to detect and identify polymorphisms, for example single nucleotide polymorphism in DNA. The pair of probes emit a different fluorescent wavelength of light depending on the association and alignment of the probes when hybridized to a target nucleic acid molecule. Each pair of probes is capable of discriminating at least two different nucleic acid molecules that differ by at least a single nucleotide difference. The methods can probes can be used, for example, for detection of DNA polymorphisms that are indicative of a particular disease or condition.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Los Alamos National Security, LLC (Los Alamos, NM) LANL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 May 22
- Research Org:
- Los Alamos National Lab. (LANL), Los Alamos, NM (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES; 60 APPLIED LIFE SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Silver(I) Complexes with DNA and RNA Studied by Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy and Capillary Electrophoresis
journal, September 2001
- Arakawa, H.; Neault, J. F.; Tajmir-Riahi, H. A.
- Biophysical Journal, Vol. 81, Issue 3, p. 1580-1587
Sequence-Dependent Fluorescence of DNA-Hosted Silver Nanoclusters
journal, January 2008
- Gwinn, E. G.; O'Neill, P.; Guerrero, A. J.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 20, Issue 2, p. 279-283
Single-nucleotide polymorphism detection with "wire-like" DNA probes that display quasi "on-off" digital action
journal, August 2005
- Inouye, M.; Ikeda, R.; Takase, M.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 102, Issue 33, p. 11606-11610
Molecular Beacons: Spectral Genotyping of Human Alleles
journal, February 1998
- Kostrikis, Leonidos G.; Tyagi, Sanjay; Mhlanga, Musa M.
- Science, Vol. 279, Issue 5354, p. 1228-1229
Strongly enhanced field-dependent single-molecule electroluminescence
journal, July 2002
- Lee, T.-H.; Gonzalez, J. I.; Dickson, R. M.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 99, Issue 16, p. 10272-10275
Design of base-discriminating fluorescent nucleosides
journal, October 2005
- Okamoto, Akimitsu; Saito, Yoshio; Saito, Isao
- Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology C: Photochemistry Reviews, Vol. 6, Issue 2-3, p. 108-122
Label-free detection of DNA hybridization using carbon nanotube network field-effect transistors
journal, January 2006
- Star, A.; Tu, E.; Niemann, J.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 103, Issue 4, p. 921-926
Strongly emissive individual DNA-encapsulated Ag nanoclusters as single-molecule fluorophores
journal, May 2007
- Vosch, T.; Antoku, Y.; Hsiang, J.-C.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 104, Issue 31, p. 12616-12621
K-ras mutations in the duodenal fluid of patients with pancreatic carcinoma
journal, January 1998
- Wilentz, Robb E.; Chung, Christine H.; Sturm, Patrick D. J.
- Cancer, Vol. 82, Issue 1, p. 96-103
Fluorescence Detection of Single-Nucleotide Polymorphisms with a Single, Self-Complementary, Triple-Stem DNA Probe
journal, June 2009
- Xiao, Yi; Plakos, Kory J. I.; Lou, Xinhui
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 48, Issue 24, p. 4354-4358
Single-nucleotide polymorphism genotyping on optical thin-film biosensor chips
journal, September 2003
- Zhong, X.-b.; Reynolds, R.; Kidd, J. R.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 100, Issue 20, p. 11559-11564
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: