Methods of treating Parkinson's disease using viral vectors
Methods of delivering viral vectors, particularly recombinant adeno-associated virus (rAAV) virions, to the central nervous system (CNS) using convection enhanced delivery (CED) are provided. The rAAV virions include a nucleic acid sequence encoding a therapeutic polypeptide. The methods can be used for treating CNS disorders such as for treating Parkinson's Disease.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA) LBNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- AC03-76SF00098; AC02-05CH11231
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2012 Oct 08
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 60 APPLIED LIFE SCIENCES; 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Application of Gene Therapy for Parkinson's Disease: Nonhuman Primate Experience
book, January 1997
- Bankiewicz, K. S.; Bringas, J. R.; McLaughlin, W.
- Advances in Pharmacology, Vol. 42, p. 801-806
Adeno-associated virus vectors
journal, October 1992
- Carter, Barrie J.
- Current Opinion in Biotechnology, Vol. 3, Issue 5, p. 533-539
A novel MPTP primate model of Parkinson's disease: neurochemical and clinical changes
journal, September 1998
- Eberling, Jamie L.; Jagust, William J.; Taylor, Scott
- Brain Research, Vol. 805, Issue 1-2, p. 259-262
Mechanism of MPTP toxicity: more answers, more questions
journal, January 1985
- William Langston, J.
- Trends in Pharmacological Sciences, Vol. 6, p. 375-378
Effect of ischemic cerebral volume changes on behavior
journal, August 1997
- Lyden, Patrick D.; Lonzo, Lisa M.; Nunez, Sonia Y.
- Behavioural Brain Research, Vol. 87, Issue 1, p. 59-67
Viral Gene Delivery Selectively Restores Feeding and Prevents Lethality of Dopamine-Deficient Mice
journal, January 1999
- Szczypka, Mark S.; Mandel, Ronald J.; Donahue, Brian A.
- Neuron, Vol. 22, Issue 1, p. 167-178
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: