Multiscale spectral nanoscopy
A system and method for non-invasively tracking a particle in a sample is disclosed. The system includes a 2-photon or confocal laser scanning microscope (LSM) and a particle-holding device coupled to a stage with X-Y and Z position control. The system also includes a tracking module having a tracking excitation laser, X-Y and Z radiation-gathering components configured to detect deviations of the particle in an X-Y and Z directions. The system also includes a processor coupled to the X-Y and Z radiation gathering components, generate control signals configured to drive the stage X-Y and Z position controls to track the movement of the particle. The system may also include a synchronization module configured to generate LSM pixels stamped with stage position and a processing module configured to generate a 3D image showing the 3D trajectory of a particle using the LSM pixels stamped with stage position.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- THE TRUSTEES OF PRINCETON UNIVERSITY (Princeton, NJ) CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Jul 18
- Research Org:
- THE TRUSTEES OF PRINCETON UNIVERSITY, Princeton, NJ (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 47 OTHER INSTRUMENTATION; 42 ENGINEERING; 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Tunable Dual Emission in Doped Semiconductor Nanocrystals
journal, September 2010
- Vlaskin, Vladimir A.; Janssen, Nils; van Rijssel, Jos
- Nano Letters, Vol. 10, Issue 9, p. 3670-3674
An Accessible Approach to Preparing Water-Soluble Mn2+-Doped (CdSSe)ZnS (Core)Shell Nanocrystals for Ratiometric Temperature Sensing
journal, November 2011
- Hsia, Chih-Hao; Wuttig, Anna; Yang, Haw
- ACS Nano, Vol. 5, Issue 12, p. 9511-9522
Zwischenmolekulare Energiewanderung und Fluoreszenz
journal, January 1948
- Förster, Th.
- Annalen der Physik, Vol. 437, Issue 1-2, p. 55-75
Illuminating the mechanistic roles of enzyme conformational dynamics
journal, November 2007
- Hanson, J. A.; Duderstadt, K.; Watkins, L. P.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 104, Issue 46, p. 18055-18060
Optical Sectioning Deep Inside Live Embryos by Selective Plane Illumination Microscopy
journal, August 2004
- Huisken, J.; Swoger, J.; Del Bene, F.
- Science, Vol. 305, Issue 5686, p. 1007-1009
Fast Three-Dimensional Fluorescence Imaging of Activity in Neural Populations by Objective-Coupled Planar Illumination Microscopy
journal, March 2008
- Holekamp, Terrence F.; Turaga, Diwakar; Holy, Timothy E.
- Neuron, Vol. 57, Issue 5, p. 661-672
Interferometric fluorescent super-resolution microscopy resolves 3D cellular ultrastructure
journal, February 2009
- Shtengel, G.; Galbraith, J. A.; Galbraith, C. G.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 106, Issue 9, p. 3125-3130
Fast 100-nm resolution three-dimensional microscope reveals structural plasticity of mitochondria in live yeast
journal, March 2002
- Egner, Alexander; Jakobs, Stefan; Hell, Stefan W.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 99, Issue 6, p. 3370-3375
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: