Methods for dry etching semiconductor devices
The present invention provides methods for etching semiconductor devices, such aluminum nitride resonators. The methods herein allow for devices having improved etch profiles, such that nearly vertical sidewalls can be obtained. In some examples, the method employs a dry etch step with a primary etchant gas that omits BCl.sub.3, a common additive.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Sandia Corporation (Albuquerque, NM) SNL-A
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2015 Jun 02
- Research Org:
- Sandia National Lab. (SNL-NM), Albuquerque, NM (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Other works cited in this record:MEMS in RF Filter Applications: Thin-film Bulk Acoustic Wave Technology
journal, February 2003
- Aigner, R.
- Sensors Update, Vol. 12, Issue 1, p. 175-210
High-frequency lamb wave device composed of MEMS structure using LiNbO 3 thin film and air gap
journal, November 2010
- Kadota, M; Ogami, T; Yamamoto, K
- IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, Vol. 57, Issue 11, p. 2564-2571
AlN Microresonator-Based Filters With Multiple Bandwidths at Low Intermediate Frequencies
journal, August 2013
- Kim, Bongsang; Olsson, Roy H.; Wojciechowski, Ken E.
- Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, Vol. 22, Issue 4, p. 949-961
CDATA[Ovenized and thermally tunable aluminum nitride microresonators
conference, October 2010
- Kim, Bongsang; Olsson, Roy H.; Wojciechowski, Kenneth E.
- Ultrasonics Symposium (IUS), 2010 IEEE
CDATA[SAW/BAW acoustoelectronic technology for filters and communication systems
conference, April 2010
- Malocha, D. C.
- Wireless and Microwave Technology Conference (WAMICON), 2010 IEEE 11th Annual
A high electromechanical coupling coefficient SH0 Lamb wave lithium niobate micromechanical resonator and a method for fabrication
journal, March 2014
- Olsson, Roy H.; Hattar, Khalid; Homeijer, Sara J.
- Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Vol. 209, p. 183-190
CDATA[Thin-film Lithium Niobate contour-mode resonators]
conference, October 2012
- , ; Bhave, Sunil A.; Bhattacharjee, Kushal
- Ultrasonics Symposium (IUS), 2012 IEEE International
Single-chip precision oscillators based on multi-frequency, high-Q aluminum nitride MEMS resonators
conference, June 2009
- Wojciechowski, K. E.; Olsson, R. H.; Tuck, M. R.
- Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems Conference, 2009. TRANSDUCERS 2009. International
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: