Identification of cancer protein biomarkers using proteomic techniques
The claimed invention describes methods to diagnose or aid in the diagnosis of cancer. The claimed methods are based on the identification of biomarkers which are particularly well suited to discriminate between cancer subjects and healthy subjects. These biomarkers were identified using a unique and novel screening method described herein. The biomarkers identified herein can also be used in the prognosis and monitoring of cancer. The invention comprises the use of leptin, prolactin, OPN and IGF-II for diagnosing, prognosis and monitoring of ovarian cancer.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Yale University (New Haven, CT CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2015 Jul 22
- Research Org:
- Yale Univ., New Haven, CT (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES; 60 APPLIED LIFE SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Use of serum prolactin for monitoring the therapeutic response in ovarian malignancy
journal, September 1991
- Jha, P.; Farooq, A.; Rao, D. L.
- International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics, Vol. 36, Issue 1, p. 33-38
Circulating levels of insulin-like growth factor-II and IGF-binding protein 3 in cervical cancer
journal, December 2003
- Mathur, Subbi P.; Mathur, Rajesh S.; Underwood, Paul B.
- Gynecologic Oncology, Vol. 91, Issue 3, p. 486-493
Combining CA 125 and SMR serum markers for diagnosis and early detection of ovarian carcinoma
journal, October 2004
- McIntosh, M. W.; Drescher, C.; Karlan, B.
- Gynecologic Oncology, Vol. 95, Issue 1, p. 9-15
Serum protein markers for early detection of ovarian cancer
journal, May 2005
- Mor, G.; Visintin, I.; Lai, Y.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 102, Issue 21, p. 7677-7682
Leptin and prolactin modulate the expression of SOCS-1 in association with interleukin-6 and tumor necrosis factor-α in mammary cells: a role in differentiated secretory epithelium
journal, September 2004
- Motta, M.; Accornero, P.; Baratta, M.
- Regulatory Peptides, Vol. 121, Issue 1-3, p. 163-170
Serum tumor markers in colorectal cancer staging, grading, and follow-up
journal, August 1996
- Plebani, Mario; De Paoli, Massimo; Basso, Daniela
- Journal of Surgical Oncology, Vol. 62, Issue 4, p. 239-244
Multiplexed protein profiling on microarrays by rolling-circle amplification
journal, April 2002
- Schweitzer, Barry; Roberts, Scott; Grimwade, Brian
- Nature Biotechnology, Vol. 20, Issue 4, p. 359-365
Cancer screening in a high risk population: a clinical trial
journal, April 2001
- Taylor, Kenneth J. W.; Schwartz, Peter E.
- Ultrasound in Medicine & Biology, Vol. 27, Issue 4, p. 461-466
The role of Osteopontin in tumor metastasis
journal, October 2004
- Wai, Philip Y.; Kuo, Paul C.
- Journal of Surgical Research, Vol. 121, Issue 2, p. 228-241
Differential Gene Expression in Chemically Induced Mouse Lung Adenomas
journal, January 2003
- Yao, Ruisheng; Wang, Yian; Lubet, Ronald A.
- Neoplasia, Vol. 5, Issue 1, p. 41-52
Ovarian dysgerminoma showing high serum levels and positive immunostaining of placental alkaline phosphatase and neuron-specific enolase associated with elevation of serum prolactin level
journal, October 1998
- Yoshida, Masumi; Koshiyama, Masafumi; Konishi, Mitsunaga
- European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, Vol. 81, Issue 1, p. 123-128
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: