Energy harvesting devices, systems, and related methods
Energy harvesting devices include a substrate and a plurality of resonance elements coupled to the substrate. Each resonance element is configured to collect energy in the visible and infrared light spectra and to reradiate energy having a wavelength in the range of about 0.8 .mu.m to about 0.9 .mu.m. The resonance elements are arranged in groups of two or more resonance elements. Systems for harvesting electromagnetic radiation include a substrate, a plurality of resonance elements including a conductive material carried by the substrate, and a photovoltaic material coupled to the substrate and to at least one resonance element. The resonance elements are arranged in groups, such as in a dipole, a tripole, or a bowtie configuration. Methods for forming an energy harvesting device include forming groups of two or more discrete resonance elements in a substrate and coupling a photovoltaic material to the groups of discrete resonance elements.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Battelle Energy Alliance, LLC (Idaho Falls, ID) INL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2012 Aug 31
- Research Org:
- Idaho National Lab. (INL), Idaho Falls, ID (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 47 OTHER INSTRUMENTATION; 32 ENERGY CONSERVATION, CONSUMPTION, AND UTILIZATION; 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Other works cited in this record:A system-level analysis of Schottky diodes for incoherent THz imaging arrays
journal, October 2004
- Brown, E. R.
- Solid-State Electronics, Vol. 48, Issue 10-11, p. 2051-2053
Solar energy collection by antennas
journal, December 2002
- Corkish, R.; Green, M. A.; Puzzer, T.
- Solar Energy, Vol. 73, Issue 6, p. 395-401
Comparison of dipole, bowtie, spiral and log-periodic IR antennas
journal, June 2005
- González, F. J.; Boreman, G. D.
- Infrared Physics & Technology, Vol. 46, Issue 5, p. 418-428
New and emerging developments in solar energy
journal, January 2004
- Goswami, D. Y.; Vijayaraghavan, S.; Lu, S.
- Solar Energy, Vol. 76, Issue 1-3, p. 33-43
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: