Intein-modified enzymes, their production and industrial applications
A method of predicting an intein insertion site in a protein that will lead to a switching phenotype is provided. The method includes identifying a plurality of C/T/S sites within the protein; selecting from the plurality of C/T/S/ sites those that are ranked 0.75 or higher by a support vector machine, within ten angstroms of the active site of the protein, and at or near a loop-.beta.-sheet junction or a loop-.alpha.-helix junction. A method of controlling protein activity and hosts including proteins with controlled activity are also provided. Also, intein modified proteins and plants containing intein modified proteins are provided.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Agrivida, Inc. (Medford, MA ARPA-E
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2010 Nov 05
- Research Org:
- Agrivida, Inc. Medford, MA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Herbicide resistance from a divided EPSPS protein: the split Synechocystis DnaE intein as an in vivo affinity domain
journal, January 2001
- Chen, Lixin; Pradhan, Sriharsa; Evans, Thomas C.
- Gene, Vol. 263, Issue 1-2, p. 39-48
Protein trans-splicing in transgenic plant chloroplast: Reconstruction of herbicide resistance from split genes
journal, April 2003
- Chin, H. G.; Kim, G.-D.; Marin, I.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 100, Issue 8, p. 4510-4515
Single-column purification of free recombinant proteins using a self-cleavable affinity tag derived from a protein splicing element
journal, June 1997
- Chong, Shaorong; Mersha, Fana B.; Comb, Donald G.
- Gene, Vol. 192, Issue 2, p. 271-281
A topA intein in Pyrococcus furiosus and its relatedness to the r-gyr intein of Methanococcus jannaschii
journal, March 1998
- Chute, Ian C.; Hu, Zhuma; Liu, Xiang-Qin
- Gene, Vol. 210, Issue 1, p. 85-92
Protein splicing in the maturation of M. tuberculosis RecA protein: A mechanism for tolerating a novel class of intervening sequence
journal, October 1992
- Davis, Elaine O.; Jenner, Peter J.; Brooks, Patricia C.
- Cell, Vol. 71, Issue 2, p. 201-210
Transcription of cauliflower mosaic virus DNA: detection of promoter sequences, and characterization of transcripts
journal, October 1982
- Guilley, Hubert; Dudley, Roderick K.; Jonard, Gérard
- Cell, Vol. 30, Issue 3, p. 763-773
Crystallographic study of intein homing endonuclease II encoded in the archaeal DNA polymerase gene
journal, September 2000
- Hashimoto, Hiroshi; Takahashi, Hitomi; Nishioka, Motomu
- Acta Crystallographica Section D Biological Crystallography, Vol. 56, Issue 9, p. 1185-1186
Intein-mediated assembly of a functional β-glucuronidase in transgenic plants
journal, March 2003
- Yang, J.; Fox, G. C.; Henry-Smith, T. V.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 100, Issue 6, p. 3513-3518
Analysis of a chimeric class-I patatin-GUS gene in transgenic potato plants: High-level expression in tubers and sucrose-inducible expression in cultured leaf and stem explants
journal, January 1989
- Wenzler, Herman C.; Mignery, Gregory A.; Fisher, Linda M.
- Plant Molecular Biology, Vol. 12, Issue 1, p. 41-50
Towards a comparative anatomy of N-terminal topogenic protein sequences
journal, May 1986
- von Heijne, Gunnar
- Journal of Molecular Biology, Vol. 189, Issue 1, p. 239-242
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: