Plasmon resonance imaging apparatus having nano-lycurgus-cup arrays and methods of use
Apparatus and methods are disclosed that are configured to permit nanoplasmonic spectroscopy sensing in the form of colorimetric sensing. An example apparatus involves: (a) an array layer having a top surface and a bottom surface, wherein a plurality of nanoholes are defined in the top surface of the array layer, wherein the plurality of nanoholes each have at least one sidewall surface and a bottom surface, (b) a thin metal film disposed on the top surface of the array layer and on the bottom surface of each of the plurality of nanoholes, and (c) a plurality of nanoparticles disposed on the at least one sidewall surface of the plurality of nanoholes.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois (Urbana, IL) LLNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- AC52-07NA27344; FG02-07ER46471; FG02-07ER46453
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 Jan 16
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Livermore National Lab. (LLNL), Livermore, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 47 OTHER INSTRUMENTATION; 77 NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY; 42 ENGINEERING
Other works cited in this record:Multispectral plasmonic crystal sensors
patent, April 2010
- Nuzzo, Ralph G.; Rogers, John A.; Mack, Nathan H.
- US Patent Document 7,705,280
Extraordinary optical transmission through sub-wavelength hole arrays
journal, February 1998
- Ebbesen, T. W.; Lezec, H. J.; Ghaemi, H. F.
- Nature, Vol. 391, Issue 6668, p. 667-669
Light in tiny holes
journal, January 2007
- Genet, C.; Ebbesen, T. W.
- Nature, Vol. 445, Issue 7123, p. 39-46
Quantitative multispectral biosensing and 1D imaging using quasi-3D plasmonic crystals
journal, November 2006
- Stewart, M. E.; Mack, N. H.; Malyarchuk, V.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 103, Issue 46, p. 17143-17148
Seeing protein monolayers with naked eye through plasmonic Fano resonances
journal, June 2011
- Yanik, A. A.; Cetin, A. E.; Huang, M.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 108, Issue 29, p. 11784-11789
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: