Power meter ratio method of stabilizing a resonant modulator
Methods and systems for stabilizing a resonant modulator include receiving pre-modulation and post-modulation portions of a carrier signal, determining the average power from these portions, comparing an average input power to the average output power, and operating a heater coupled to the modulator based on the comparison. One system includes a pair of input structures, one or more processing elements, a comparator, and a control element. The input structures are configured to extract pre-modulation and post-modulation portions of a carrier signal. The processing elements are configured to determine average powers from the extracted portions. The comparator is configured to compare the average input power and the average output power. The control element operates a heater coupled to the modulator based on the comparison.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Sandia Corporation (Albuquerque, NM) SNL-A
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 Aug 18
- Research Org:
- Sandia National Lab. (SNL-NM), Albuquerque, NM (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 24 POWER TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION
Other works cited in this record:Control of integrated micro-resonator wavelength via balanced homodyne locking
journal, January 2014
- Cox, Jonathan A.; Lentine, Anthony L.; Trotter, Douglas C.
- Optics Express, Vol. 22, Issue 9, p. 11279-11289
Silicon Microring Modulator with Integrated Heater and Temperature Sensor for Thermal Control
conference, May 2010
- DeRose, Christopher T.; Watts, Michael R.; Trotter, Douglas C.
Thermal stabilization of a microring modulator using feedback control
journal, January 2012
- Padmaraju, Kishore; Chan, Johnnie; Chen, Long
- Optics Express, Vol. 20, Issue 27, p. 27999-28008
Automated Wavelength Recovery for Microring Resonators
conference, May 2012
- Timurdogan, Erman; Biberman, Aleksandr; Trotter, Douglas C.
- Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics 2012
A high-speed, tunable silicon photonic ring modulator integrated with ultra-efficient active wavelength control
journal, January 2014
- Zheng, Xuezhe; Chang, Eric; Amberg, Philip
- Optics Express, Vol. 22, Issue 10, p. 12628-12633
Bit-Error-Rate Monitoring for Active Wavelength Control of Resonant Modulators
journal, January 2013
- Zortman, William A.; Lentine, Anthony L.; Trotter, Douglas C.
- IEEE Micro, Vol. 33, Issue 1, p. 42-52
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: