Polymer blend compositions and methods of preparation
A polymer blend material comprising: (i) a first polymer containing hydrogen bond donating groups having at least one hydrogen atom bound to a heteroatom selected from oxygen, nitrogen, and sulfur, or an anionic version of said first polymer wherein at least a portion of hydrogen atoms bound to a heteroatom is absent and replaced with at least one electron pair; (ii) a second polymer containing hydrogen bond accepting groups selected from nitrile, halogen, and ether functional groups; and (iii) at least one modifying agent selected from carbon particles, ether-containing polymers, and Lewis acid compounds; wherein, if said second polymer contains ether functional groups, then said at least one modifying agent is selected from carbon particles and Lewis acid compounds. Methods for producing the polymer blend, molded forms thereof, and articles thereof, are also described.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- UT-BATTELLE, LLC (Oak Ridge, TN) ORNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 Jun 23
- Research Org:
- Oak Ridge National Lab. (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Reactive compatibilization of a nitrile rubber/phenolic resin blend: Effect on adhesive and composite properties
journal, August 1998
- Achary, P. Sasidharan; Ramaswamy, R.
- Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 69, Issue 6, p. 1187-1201
Toward Thermoplastic Lignin Polymers. Part 1. Selective Masking of Phenolic Hydroxyl Groups in Kraft Lignins via Methylation and Oxypropylation Chemistries
journal, December 2012
- Sadeghifar, Hasan; Cui, Chengzhong; Argyropoulos, Dimitris S.
- Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, Vol. 51, Issue 51, p. 16713-16720
Development of lignin-based polyurethane thermoplastics
journal, January 2013
- Saito, Tomonori; Perkins, Joshua H.; Jackson, Daniel C.
- RSC Advances, Vol. 3, Issue 44, p. 21832-21840
Turning renewable resources into value-added polymer: development of lignin-based thermoplastic
journal, January 2012
- Saito, Tomonori; Brown, Rebecca H.; Hunt, Marcus A.
- Green Chemistry, Vol. 14, Issue 12, p. 3295-3303
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: