Non-intrusive measurement of hot gas temperature in a gas turbine engine
A method and apparatus for operating a gas turbine engine including determining a temperature of a working gas at a predetermined axial location within the engine. An acoustic signal is encoded with a distinct signature defined by a set of predetermined frequencies transmitted as a non-broadband signal. Acoustic signals are transmitted from an acoustic transmitter located at a predetermined axial location along the flow path of the gas turbine engine. A received signal is compared to one or more transmitted signals to identify a similarity of the received signal to a transmitted signal to identify a transmission time for the received signal. A time-of-flight is determined for the signal and the time-of-flight for the signal is processed to determine a temperature in a region of the predetermined axial location.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- SIEMENS ENERGY, INC. (Orlando, FL) NETL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Sep 04
- Research Org:
- SIEMENS ENERGY, INC. Orlando, FL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 47 OTHER INSTRUMENTATION
Other works cited in this record:Real-time monitoring on boiler combustion based on acoustic measurement
conference, June 2006
- Shen, G.Q.; An, L.S.; Jiang, G.S.
- 2006 IEEE Power India Conference
The application of image processing to acoustic pyrometry
conference, August 2002
- Kleppe, J.A.; Maskaly, J.; Beam, G.
- Proceedings of 3rd IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, Vol. 2, p. 657-659
Effects of acoustic source and filtering on time-of-flight measurements
journal, August 2009
- Srinivasan, K.; Sundararajan, T.; Narayanan, S.
- Applied Acoustics, Vol. 70, Issue 8, p. 1061-1072
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: