Virtual substrates for epitaxial growth and methods of making the same
A virtual substrate includes a handle support and a strain-relieved single crystalline layer on the handle support. A method of making the virtual substrate includes growing a coherently-strained single crystalline layer on an initial growth substrate, removing the initial growth substrate to relieve the strain on the single crystalline layer, and applying the strain-relieved single crystalline layer on a handle support.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- California Institute of Technology (Pasadena, CA) GFO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2010 Dec 17
- Research Org:
- California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Other works cited in this record:Extreme selectivity in the lift‐off of epitaxial GaAs films
journal, December 1987
- Yablonovitch, Eli; Gmitter, T.; Harbison, J. P.
- Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 51, Issue 26, p. 2222-2224
Elastically relaxed free-standing strained-silicon nanomembranes
journal, April 2006
- Roberts, Michelle M.; Klein, Levente J.; Savage, Donald E.
- Nature Materials, Vol. 5, Issue 5, p. 388-393
Defects in epitaxial multilayers: II. Dislocation pile-ups, threading dislocations, slip lines and cracks
journal, July 1975
- Matthews, J. W.; Blakeslee, A. E.
- Journal of Crystal Growth, Vol. 29, Issue 3, p. 273-280
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: