Electrophilic acid gas-reactive fluid, proppant, and process for enhanced fracturing and recovery of energy producing materials
An electrophilic acid gas-reactive fracturing and recovery fluid, proppant, and process are detailed. The fluid expands in volume to provide rapid and controlled increases in pressure that enhances fracturing in subterranean bedrock for recovery of energy-producing materials. Proppants stabilize openings in fractures and fissures following fracturing.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- BATTELLE MEMORIAL INSTITUTE (Richland, WA) PNNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 Sep 04
- Research Org:
- Pacific Northwest National Lab. (PNNL), Richland, WA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY; 32 ENERGY CONSERVATION, CONSUMPTION, AND UTILIZATION; 58 GEOSCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Enhanced geothermal systems (EGS) using CO2 as working fluid—A novel approach for generating renewable energy with simultaneous sequestration of carbon
journal, August 2006
- Pruess, Karsten
- Geothermics, Vol. 35, Issue 4, p. 351-367
The relationship between thermal degradation behavior of polymer and the fire retardancy of polymer/clay nanocomposites
journal, November 2005
- Jang, Bok Nam; Costache, Marius; Wilkie, Charles A.
- Polymer, Vol. 46, Issue 24, p. 10678-10687
Continuous kinetics for thermal degradation of polymer in solution
journal, June 1995
- Wang, Ming; Smith, J. M.; McCoy, Ben J.
- AIChE Journal, Vol. 41, Issue 6, p. 1521-1533
Xanthan gum: production, recovery, and properties
journal, November 2000
- Garcı́a-Ochoa, F.; Santos, V. E.; Casas, J. A.
- Biotechnology Advances, Vol. 18, Issue 7, p. 549-579
Production engineering in geothermal technology: A review
journal, September 2009
- Gallup, Darrell L.
- Geothermics, Vol. 38, Issue 3, p. 326-334
Reversible zwitterionic liquids, the reaction of alkanol guanidines, alkanol amidines, and diamines with CO2
journal, January 2010
- Heldebrant, David J.; Koech, Phillip K.; Ang, M. Trisha C.
- Green Chemistry, Vol. 12, Issue 4, p. 713-721
High-pressure magic angle spinning nuclear magnetic resonance
journal, October 2011
- Hoyt, David W.; Turcu, Romulus V. F.; Sears, Jesse A.
- Journal of Magnetic Resonance, Vol. 212, Issue 2, p. 378-385
Rotor design for high pressure magic angle spinning nuclear magnetic resonance
journal, January 2013
- Turcu, Romulus V. F.; Hoyt, David W.; Rosso, Kevin M.
- Journal of Magnetic Resonance, Vol. 226, p. 64-69
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: