.sup.100Mo compounds as accelerator targets for production of .sup.99mTc
Methods of synthesizing .sup.100Mo.sub.2C and .sup.99mTcO.sub.4.sup.- are disclosed. Methods of .sup.100Mo.sub.2C generation involve thermally carburizing .sup.100MoO.sub.3. Methods of .sup.99mTcO.sub.4 generation involve proton bombardment of .sup.100Mo.sub.2C in a cyclotron. Yields of .sup.99mTcO.sub.4 can be increased by sintering .sup.100Mo.sub.2C prior to bombardment. The methods also include recycling of .sup.100Mo.sub.2C to form .sup.100MoO.sub.3. SPECT images obtained using .sup.99mTcO.sub.4 generated by the disclosed methods are also presented.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Washington University (Saint Louis, MO) EFRC
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 Jun 02
- Research Org:
- Washington University, Saint Louis, MO (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE; 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Clinical studies with spleen-specific radiolabeled agents
journal, July 1985
- Armas, Renato R.
- Seminars in Nuclear Medicine, Vol. 15, Issue 3, p. 260-275
A Monte Carlo computer program for the transport of energetic ions in amorphous targets
journal, August 1980
- Biersack, J. P.; Haggmark, L. G.
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods, Vol. 174, Issue 1-2, p. 257-269
Advances in the production, processing and microPET image quality of technetium-94m
journal, October 2006
- Bigott, Heather M.; Laforest, Richard; Liu, Xiaodong
- Nuclear Medicine and Biology, Vol. 33, Issue 7, p. 923-933
Decomposition of molybdate–hexamethylenetetramine complex: One single source route for different catalytic materials
journal, October 2011
- Chouzier, Sandra; Czeri, Tivadar; Roy-Auberger, Magalie
- Journal of Solid State Chemistry, Vol. 184, Issue 10, p. 2668-2677
99Mo/99mTc separation: An assessment of technology options
journal, February 2013
- Dash, Ashutosh; Knapp, F. F. (Russ); Pillai, M. R. A.
- Nuclear Medicine and Biology, Vol. 40, Issue 2, p. 167-176
Unparalleled Contribution of Technetium-99m to Medicine Over 5 Decades
journal, March 2009
- Eckelman, William C.
- JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging, Vol. 2, Issue 3, p. 364-368
Cyclotron production of 99mTc: Experimental measurement of the 100Mo(p,x)99Mo, 99mTc and 99gTc excitation functions from 8 to 18 MeV
journal, August 2011
- Gagnon, Katherine; Bénard, François; Kovacs, Michael
- Nuclear Medicine and Biology, Vol. 38, Issue 6, p. 907-916
Cyclotron production of 99mTc: Recycling of enriched 100Mo metal targets
journal, August 2012
- Gagnon, K.; Wilson, J. S.; Holt, C. M. B.
- Applied Radiation and Isotopes, Vol. 70, Issue 8, p. 1685-1690
The structural and dynamical properties of Al clusters adsorbed on Ni surface
journal, June 2001
- Wang, Y. X.; Pan, Z. Y.; Ho, Y. K.
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, Vol. 180, Issue 1-4, p. 251-256
Cyclotron production of NCA 99mTc and 99Mo. An alternative non-reactor supply source of instant 99mTc and 99Mo→99mTc generators
journal, January 1991
- Lagunas-Solar, Manuel C.; Kiefer, Phil M.; Carvacho, Omar F.
- International Journal of Radiation Applications and Instrumentation. Part A. Applied Radiation and Isotopes, Vol. 42, Issue 7, p. 643-657
Excitation functions for the cyclotron production of 99mTc and 99Mo
journal, July 1999
- Scholten, Bernhard; Lambrecht, Richard M.; Cogneau, Michel
- Applied Radiation and Isotopes, Vol. 51, Issue 1, p. 69-80
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: