Materials as additives for advanced lubrication
This invention relates to carbon-based materials as anti-friction and anti-wear additives for advanced lubrication purposes. The materials comprise carbon nanotubes suspended in a liquid hydrocarbon carrier. Optionally, the compositions further comprise a surfactant (e.g., to aid in dispersion of the carbon particles). Specifically, the novel lubricants have the ability to significantly lower friction and wear, which translates into improved fuel economies and longer durability of mechanical devices and engines.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- UChicago Argonne, LLC (Chicago, IL) ANL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 Mar 24
- Research Org:
- Argonne National Lab. (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Other works cited in this record:Lithium/air batteries with LiPON as separator and protective barrier and method
patent, May 2007
- Klaassen, Jody J.
- US Patent Document 7,211,351
Carbon spherules: synthesis, properties and mechanistic elucidation
journal, January 2004
- Pol, Vilas Ganpat; Motiei, Menachem; Gedanken, Aharon
- Carbon, Vol. 42, Issue 1, p. 111-116
High yield one-step synthesis of carbon spheres produced by dissociating individual hydrocarbons at their autogenic pressure at low temperatures
journal, December 2006
- Pol, Vilas Ganpat; Pol, Swati Vilas; Calderon Moreno, Jose M.
- Carbon, Vol. 44, Issue 15, p. 3285-3292
Synthesis of monodispersed prolate spheroid shaped paramagnetic carbon
journal, April 2009
- Pol, Vilas G.; Calderon-Moreno, Jose M.; Chupas, Peter J.
- Carbon, Vol. 47, Issue 4, p. 1050-1055
The dependence of the oriented growth of carbon filaments on the intensity of a magnetic field
journal, August 2006
- Pol, Vilas Ganpat; Pol, Swati Vilas; Calderon-Moreno, Jose M.
- Carbon, Vol. 44, Issue 10, p. 1913-1918
Testing Carbon-Coated VOx Prepared via Reaction under Autogenic Pressure at Elevated Temperature as Li-Insertion Materials
journal, June 2006
- Odani, A.; Pol, V. G.; Pol, S. V.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 18, Issue 11, p. 1431-1436
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: