Engineered photosynthetic bacteria, method of manufacture of biofuels
The invention provides for a novel type of biofuel; a method for cleaving anchors from photosynthetic organisms; and a method for producing biofuels using photosynthetic organisms, the method comprising identifying photosynthesis co-factors and their anchors in the organisms; modifying the organisms to increase production of the anchors; accumulating biomass of the organisms in growth media; and harvesting the anchors.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- UCHICAGO ARGONNE, LLC (Chicago, IL) ANL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2011 Jun 13
- Research Org:
- Argonne National Lab. (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 09 BIOMASS FUELS; 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Geranylgeraniol, an Intermediate Product in Mevalonate Pathway, Induces Apoptotic Cell Death in Human Hepatoma Cells: Death Receptor-independent Activation of Caspase-8 with Down-regulation of Bcl-xL Expression
journal, September 2001
- Takeda, Yoshio; Nakao, Kazuhiko; Nakata, Keisuke
- Cancer Science, Vol. 92, Issue 9, p. 918-925
Development of a high-throughput purification method and a continuous assay system for chlorophyllase
journal, June 2006
- Arkus, Kiani A. J.; Jez, Joseph M.
- Analytical Biochemistry, Vol. 353, Issue 1, p. 93-98
Complete amino acid sequence of the B875 light-harvesting protein of Rhodopseudomonas sphaeroides strain 2.4.1: Comparison with R26.1 carotenoidless-mutant strain
journal, May 1985
- Theiler, Rolf; Suter, Franz; Pennoyer, Jeffrey D.
- FEBS Letters, Vol. 184, Issue 2, p. 231-236
Mechanistic analysis of wheat chlorophyllase
journal, June 2005
- Arkus, Kiani A. J.; Cahoon, Edgar B.; Jez, Joseph M.
- Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Vol. 438, Issue 2, p. 146-155
A Broad Host Range Mobilization System for In Vivo Genetic Engineering Transposon Mutagenesis in Gram Negative Bacteria
journal, November 1983
- Simon, R.; Priefer, U.; Pühler, A.
- Bio/Technology, Vol. 1, Issue 9, p. 784-791
Rhodobacter sphaeroides: complexity in chemotactic signalling
journal, June 2008
- Porter, Steven L.; Wadhams, George H.; Armitage, Judith P.
- Trends in Microbiology, Vol. 16, Issue 6, p. 251-260
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: