Inherently safe passive gas monitoring system
Generally, the present disclosure is directed to gas monitoring systems that use inductive power transfer to safely power an electrically passive device included within a nuclear material storage container. In particular, the electrically passive device can include an inductive power receiver for receiving inductive power transfer through a wall of the nuclear material storage container. The power received by the inductive power receiver can be used to power one or more sensors included in the device. Thus, the device is not required to include active power generation components such as, for example, a battery, that increase the risk of a spark igniting flammable gases within the container.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Savannah River Nuclear Solutions, LLC (Aiken, SC) SRNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 Feb 18
- Research Org:
- Savannah River Technology Center (SRTC), Aiken, SC (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 47 OTHER INSTRUMENTATION; 24 POWER TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION
Other works cited in this record:Design and application of a wireless, passive, resonant-circuit environmental monitoring sensor
journal, August 2001
- Ong, K. G.; Grimes, C. A.; Robbins, C. L.
- Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Vol. 93, Issue 1, p. 33-43
Development of fiber optic hydrogen sensors for testing nuclear waste repositories
journal, May 2005
- Aleixandre, M.; Corredera, P.; Hernanz, M. L.
- Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, Vol. 107, Issue 1, p. 113-120
Detection of shielded nuclear material in a cargo container
journal, June 2006
- Jones, James L.; Norman, Daren R.; Haskell, Kevin J.
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment, Vol. 562, Issue 2, p. 1085-1088
Piezoresistive cantilevers and measurement system for characterizing low force electrical contacts
journal, March 2003
- Pruitt, Beth L.; Kenny, Thomas W.
- Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Vol. 104, Issue 1, p. 68-77
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: