Identification of discriminant proteins through antibody profiling, methods and apparatus for identifying an individual
A method for determining a plurality of proteins for discriminating and positively identifying an individual based from a biological sample. The method may include profiling a biological sample from a plurality of individuals against a protein array including a plurality of proteins. The protein array may include proteins attached to a support in a preselected pattern such that locations of the proteins are known. The biological sample may be contacted with the protein array such that a portion of antibodies in the biological sample reacts with and binds to the proteins forming immune complexes. A statistical analysis method, such as discriminant analysis, may be performed to determine discriminating proteins for distinguishing individuals. Proteins of interest may be used to form a protein array. Such a protein array may be used, for example, to compare a forensic sample from an unknown source with a sample from a known source.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Battelle Energy Alliance, LLC (Idaho Falls, ID) INL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2010 Sep 15
- Research Org:
- Idaho National Lab. (INL), Idaho Falls, ID (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES; 60 APPLIED LIFE SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Detection of analyte binding to microarrays using gold nanoparticle labels and a desktop scanner
journal, September 2003
- Han, Anpan; Dufva, Martin; Belleville, Erik
- Lab on a Chip, Vol. 3, Issue 4, p. 329-332
Electrogenerated Chemiluminescence: An Oxidative-Reduction Type ECL Reaction Sequence Using Tripropyl Amine
journal, January 1990
- Leland, Jonathan K.; Powell, Michael J.
- Journal of The Electrochemical Society, Vol. 137, Issue 10, p. 3127-3131
Cloning of open reading frames and promoters from the Saccharomyces cerevisiae genome: construction of genomic libraries of random small fragments
journal, January 1986
- Santangelo, George M.; Tornow, Joanne; Moldave, Kivie
- Gene, Vol. 46, Issue 2-3, p. 181-186
Antibody profiling as an identification tool for forensic samples
conference, February 1999
- Thompson, Vicki S.; Barrett, Karen B.; Davis, Tilton
- Enabling Technologies for Law Enforcement and Security, vp.
Fiber-Optic Immunosensor for the Detection of Fumonisin B1
journal, April 1996
- Thompson, Vicki S.; Maragos, Chris M.
- Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, Vol. 44, Issue 4, p. 1041-1046
Preliminary Investigations into Tris(2,2'-bipyridyl) Ruthenium (III) as a Chemiluminescent Reagent for the Detection of 3,6-Diacetylmorphine (Heroin) on Surfaces
journal, September 2007
- Agg, Kent M.; Barnett, Neil W.; Lewis, Simon W.
- Journal of Forensic Sciences, Vol. 52, Issue 5, p. 1111-1114
Difference gel electrophoresis. A single gel method for detecting changes in protein extracts
journal, January 1997
- Ünlü, Mustafa; Morgan, Mary E.; Minden, Jonathan S.
- Electrophoresis, Vol. 18, Issue 11, p. 2071-2077
journal, November 2000
- Bernard, André; Michel, Bruno; Delamarche, Emmanuel
- Analytical Chemistry, Vol. 73, Issue 1, p. 8-12
Saliva Testing for Drugs of Abuse
journal, September 1993
- Cone, Edward J.
- Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, Vol. 694, Issue 1, p. 91-127
Exploring the Metabolic and Genetic Control of Gene Expression on a Genomic Scale
journal, October 1997
- DeRisi, J. L.; Iyer, Vishwanath R.; Brown, Patrick O.
- Science, Vol. 278, Issue 5338, p. 680-686
Automatic multiparameter fluorescence imaging for determining lymphocyte phenotype and activation status in melanoma tissue sections
journal, September 1996
- Dow, Alasdair I.; Shafer, Steven A.; Kirkwood, John M.
- Cytometry, Vol. 25, Issue 1, p. 71-81
Advances in ELISA and other solid-phase immunoassays
journal, March 1986
- Kemeny, D. M.; Challacombe, S. J.
- Immunology Today, Vol. 7, Issue 3, p. 67-68
Testing for drugs of abuse in saliva and sweat
journal, August 1998
- Kidwell, David A.; Holland, Janel C.; Athanaselis, Sotiris
- Journal of Chromatography B: Biomedical Sciences and Applications, Vol. 713, Issue 1, p. 111-135
Multilayer peroxidase-labeled antibody method: Comparison with labeled streptavidin-biotin method, avidin-biotin-peroxidase complex method, and peroxidase-antiperoxidase method
journal, January 1995
- Shin, Masashi; Izumi, Shin-Ichi; Nakane, Paul K.
- Journal of Clinical Laboratory Analysis, Vol. 9, Issue 6, p. 424-430
Rapid Detection and Enumeration of Legionella pneumophila in Hot Water Systems by Solid-Phase Cytometry
journal, March 2004
- Aurell, H.; Catala, P.; Farge, P.
- Applied and Environmental Microbiology, Vol. 70, Issue 3, p. 1651-1657
Protein microarrays for highly parallel detection and quantitation of specific proteins and antibodies in complex solutions
journal, January 2001
- Haab, Brian B.; Dunham, Maitreya J.; Brown, Patrick O.
- Genome Biology, Vol. 2, Issue 2, Article No. research0004.1
Pattern Recognition in Pulmonary Tuberculosis Defined by High Content Peptide Microarray Chip Analysis Representing 61 Proteins from M. tuberculosis
journal, December 2008
- Gaseitsiwe, Simani; Valentini, Davide; Mahdavifar, Shahnaz
- PLoS ONE, Vol. 3, Issue 12, Article No. e3840
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: