Nanoengineered field induced charge separation membranes manufacture thereof
A device according to one embodiment includes a porous membrane having a surface charge and pore configuration characterized by a double layer overlap effect being present in pores of the membrane, where the porous membrane includes functional groups that preferentially interact with either cations or anions. A device according to another embodiment includes a porous membrane having a surface charge in pores thereof sufficient to impart anion or cation selectivity in the pores. Additional devices, systems and methods are also presented.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC (Livermore, CA) LLNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 Feb 20
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Livermore National Lab. (LLNL), Livermore, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY; 42 ENGINEERING
Other works cited in this record:An early history of electrodialysis with permselective membranes
journal, December 1997
- Shaposhnik, V. A.; Kesore, K.
- Journal of Membrane Science, Vol. 136, Issue 1-2, p. 35-39
Ion exchange membranes State of their development and perspective
journal, October 2005
- Xu, T.
- Journal of Membrane Science, Vol. 263, Issue 1-2, p. 1-29
Measurement of the track etch rates along proton and alpha particle trajectories in CR-39 and calculation of the detection efficiency
journal, June 1999
- Dörschel, B.; Bretschneider, R.; Hermsdorf, D.
- Radiation Measurements, Vol. 31, Issue 1-6, p. 103-108
Track-etch templates designed for micro- and nanofabrication
journal, August 2003
- Ferain, E.; Legras, R.
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, Vol. 208, p. 115-122
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: