Method to fabricate functionalized conical nanopores
A pressure-based chemical etch method is used to shape polymer nanopores into cones. By varying the pressure, the pore tip diameter can be controlled, while the pore base diameter is largely unaffected. The method provides an easy, low-cost approach for conically etching high density nanopores.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Sandia Corporation (Albuquerque, NM) SNL-A
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 Nov 17
- Research Org:
- Sandia National Lab. (SNL-NM), Albuquerque, NM (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY; 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Other works cited in this record:Track etching technique in membrane technology
journal, June 2001
- Apel, P.
- Radiation Measurements, Vol. 34, Issue 1-6, p. 559-566
Asymmetric nanopore rectification for ion pumping, electrical power generation, and information processing applications
journal, April 2011
- Cervera, Javier; Ramirez, Patricio; Mafe, Salvador
- Electrochimica Acta, Vol. 56, Issue 12, p. 4504-4511
Diode-like single-ion track membrane prepared by electro-stopping
journal, November 2001
- Apel, P. Yu.; Korchev, Yu. E.; Siwy, Z.
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, Vol. 184, Issue 3, p. 337-346
Stereopopulation control. II. Rate enhancement of intramolecular nucleophilic displacement
journal, December 1972
- Borchardt, Ronald T.; Cohen, Louis A.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 94, Issue 26, p. 9166-9174
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: