Ketol-acid reductoisomerase enzymes and methods of use
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Butamax Advanced Biofuels LLC (Wilmington, DE) ARPA-E
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2015 Sep 14
- Research Org:
- Butamax Advanced Biofuels LLC, Wilmington, DE (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES; 09 BIOMASS FUELS
Other works cited in this record:Solventogenic enzymes of Clostridium acetobutylicum: catalytic properties, genetic organization, and transcriptional regulation
journal, October 1995
- Dürre, Peter; Fischer, Ralf-Jörg; Kuhn, Anita
- FEMS Microbiology Reviews, Vol. 17, Issue 3, p. 251-262
pAM401-Based Shuttle Vectors That Enable Overexpression of Promoterless Genes and One-Step Purification of Tag Fusion Proteins Directly from Enterococcus faecalis
journal, March 2001
- Fujimoto, S.; Ike, Y.
- Applied and Environmental Microbiology, Vol. 67, Issue 3, p. 1262-1267
Technologies for butanol recovery integrated with fermentations
journal, March 1992
- Groot, W. J.; van der Lans, R. G. J. M.; Luyben, K. Ch. A. M.
- Process Biochemistry, Vol. 27, Issue 2, p. 61-75
SWISS-MODEL and the Swiss-Pdb Viewer: An environment for comparative protein modeling
journal, January 1997
- Guex, Nicolas; Peitsch, Manuel C.
- Electrophoresis, Vol. 18, Issue 15, p. 2714-2723
Improved methods for building protein models in electron density maps and the location of errors in these models
journal, March 1991
- Jones, T. A.; Zou, J. Y.; Cowan, S. W.
- Acta Crystallographica Section A Foundations of Crystallography, Vol. 47, Issue 2, p. 110-119
Effect of aliphatic alcohols on growth and degree of saturation of membrane lipids in Acinetobacter calcoaceticus
journal, March 2003
- Kabelitz, Nadja; Santos, Pedro M.; Heipieper, Hermann J.
- FEMS Microbiology Letters, Vol. 220, Issue 2, p. 223-227
One-step inactivation of chromosomal genes in Escherichia coli K-12 using PCR products
journal, May 2000
- Datsenko, K. A.; Wanner, B. L.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 97, Issue 12, p. 6640-6645
Modular expression and secretion vectors for Bacillus subtilis
journal, May 1992
- Nagarajan, Vasantha; Albertson, Helene; Chen, Mario
- Gene, Vol. 114, Issue 1, p. 121-126
High- and low-copy-number Lactococcus shuttle cloning vectors with features for clone screening
journal, December 1993
- O'Sullivan, Daniel J.; Klaenhammer, Todd R.
- Gene, Vol. 137, Issue 2, p. 227-231
Plasmid vectors for Gram-positive bacteria switching from high to low copy number
journal, January 1996
- Renault, Pierre; Corthier, Gerard; Goupil, Nathalie
- Gene, Vol. 183, Issue 1-2, p. 175-182
Sequences of versatile broad-host-range vectors of the RK2 family
journal, July 2003
- Scott, Heather N.; Laible, Philip D.; Hanson, Deborah K.
- Plasmid, Vol. 50, Issue 1, p. 74-79
Crystal Structure of E.coli Alcohol Dehydrogenase YqhD: Evidence of a Covalently Modified NADP Coenzyme
journal, September 2004
- Sulzenbacher, Gerlind; Alvarez, Karine; van den Heuvel, Robert H. H.
- Journal of Molecular Biology, Vol. 342, Issue 2, p. 489-502
Analysis of the Conjugal Transfer System of the Pheromone- Independent Highly Transferable Enterococcus Plasmid pMG1: Identification of a tra Gene (traA) Up-Regulated during Conjugation
journal, October 2002
- Tanimoto, K.; Ike, Y.
- Journal of Bacteriology, Vol. 184, Issue 20, p. 5800-5804
CLUSTAL W: improving the sensitivity of progressive multiple sequence alignment through sequence weighting, position-specific gap penalties and weight matrix choice
journal, January 1994
- Thompson, Julie D.; Higgins, Desmond G.; Gibson, Toby J.
- Nucleic Acids Research, Vol. 22, Issue 22, p. 4673-4680
Functional Analysis of Three Plasmids from Lactobacillus plantarum
journal, March 2005
- van Kranenburg, R.; Golic, N.; Bongers, R.
- Applied and Environmental Microbiology, Vol. 71, Issue 3, p. 1223-1230
Purification and characterization of a fusion protein of plant acetohydroxy acid synthase and acetohydroxy acid isomeroreductase
journal, May 1997
- Dumas, Renaud; Biou, Valérie; Douce, Roland
- FEBS Letters, Vol. 408, Issue 2, p. 156-160
Fusel Alcohols Production in Beer Fermentation Processes
journal, January 1994
- García, Ana I.; García, Luis A.; Díaz, Mario
- Process Biochemistry, Vol. 29, Issue 4, p. 303-309
Guerbet condensation of methanol with n-propanol to isobutyl alcohol over heterogeneous bifunctional catalysts based on Mg–Al mixed oxides partially substituted by different metal components
journal, May 2005
- Carlini, Carlo; Marchionna, Mario; Noviello, Marilena
- Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, Vol. 232, Issue 1-2, p. 13-20
Engineering hybrid genes without the use of restriction enzymes: gene splicing by overlap extension
journal, April 1989
- Horton, Robert M.; Hunt, Henry D.; Ho, Steffan N.
- Gene, Vol. 77, Issue 1, p. 61-68
An Investigation of the Metabolism of Valine to Isobutyl Alcohol in Saccharomyces cerevisiae
journal, October 1998
- Dickinson, J. Richard; Harrison, Scott J.; Hewlins, Michael J. E.
- Journal of Biological Chemistry, Vol. 273, Issue 40, p. 25751-25756
Towards a new interaction enzyme:coenzyme
journal, April 2005
- Martínez-Júlvez, Marta; Tejero, Jesús; R. Peregrina, José
- Biophysical Chemistry, Vol. 115, Issue 2-3, p. 219-224
Crystal Structure of Class I Acetohydroxy Acid Isomeroreductase from Pseudomonas aeruginosa
journal, April 2003
- Ahn, Hyung Jun; Eom, Su Jung; Yoon, Hye-Jin
- Journal of Molecular Biology, Vol. 328, Issue 2, p. 505-515
NADP-Dependent enzymes. I: Conserved stereochemistry of cofactor binding
journal, May 1997
- Carugo, Oliviero; Argos, Patrick
- Proteins: Structure, Function, and Genetics, Vol. 28, Issue 1, p. 10-28
The X-ray structure of Brassica napus β-keto acyl carrier protein reductase and its implications for substrate binding and catalysis
journal, April 2000
- Fisher, Martin; Kroon, Johan T. M.; Martindale, Wayne
- Structure, Vol. 8, Issue 4, p. 339-347
Prediction of the occurrence of the ADP-binding βαβ-fold in proteins, using an amino acid sequence fingerprint
journal, January 1986
- Wierenga, Rik K.; Terpstra, Peter; Hol, Wim G. J.
- Journal of Molecular Biology, Vol. 187, Issue 1, p. 101-107
General approach to reversing ketol-acid reductoisomerase cofactor dependence from NADPH to NADH
journal, June 2013
- Brinkmann-Chen, S.; Flock, T.; Cahn, J. K. B.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 110, Issue 27, p. 10946-10951
A single amino acid substitution in lactate dehydrogenase improves the catalytic efficiency with an alternative coenzyme
journal, January 1990
- Feeney, Raymond; Clarke, Anthony R.; Holbrook, J. John
- Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, Vol. 166, Issue 2, p. 667-672
Methods of increasing dihydroxy acid dehydratase activity to improve production of fuels, chemicals, and amino acids
patent, December 2011
- Dundon, Catherine Asleson; Aristidou, Aristos; Hawkins, Andrew
- US Patent Document 8,071,358
Alcohol dehydrogenases (ADH) useful for fermentive production of lower alkyl alcohols
patent, July 2014
- Satagopan, Sriram; O'Keefe, Daniel; Gude, Janardhan
- US Patent Document 8,765,433
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: