Increasing cell culture population doublings for long-term growth of finite life span human cell cultures
Cell culture media formulations for culturing human epithelial cells are herein described. Also described are methods of increasing population doublings in a cell culture of finite life span human epithelial cells and prolonging the life span of human cell cultures. Using the cell culture media disclosed alone and in combination with addition to the cell culture of a compound associated with anti-stress activity achieves extended growth of pre-stasis cells and increased population doublings and life span in human epithelial cell cultures.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA) LBNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2015 Feb 20
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES; 60 APPLIED LIFE SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Oxytocin and Oxytocin Receptors in Cancer Cells and Proliferation
journal, April 2004
- Cassoni, P.; Sapino, A.; Marrocco, T.
- Journal of Neuroendocrinology, Vol. 16, Issue 4, p. 362-364
Telomerase protects developing neurons against DNA damage-induced cell death
journal, November 2001
- Lu, Chengbiao; Fu, Weiming; Mattson, Mark P.
- Developmental Brain Research, Vol. 131, Issue 1-2, p. 167-171
Telomerase reverse transcriptase promotes cardiac muscle cell proliferation, hypertrophy, and survival
journal, August 2001
- Oh, H.; Taffet, G. E.; Youker, K. A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 98, Issue 18, p. 10308-10313
Expression of the telomerase catalytic subunit, hTERT, induces resistance to transforming growth factor β growth inhibition in p16INK4A(−) human mammary epithelial cells
journal, April 2001
- Stampfer, M. R.; Garbe, J.; Levine, G.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 98, Issue 8, p. 4498-4503
Long-term culture of adult murine epidermal keratinocytes
journal, December 2005
- Yano, S.; Okochi, H.
- British Journal of Dermatology, Vol. 153, Issue 6, p. 1101-1104
Molecular changes accompanying senescence and immortalization of cultured human mammary epithelial cells
journal, November 2002
- Yaswen, Paul; Stampfer, Martha R.
- The International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology, Vol. 34, Issue 11, p. 1382-1394
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: