Fusion proteins useful for producing pinene
The present invention provides for a modified host cell comprising a heterologous pinene synthase (PS), or enzymatically active fragment or variant thereof, and optionally a geranyl pyrophosphate synthase (GPPS), or enzymatically active fragment or variant thereof, or a fusion protein comprising: (a) a PS and (b) a GPPS linked by a linker.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA) LBNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Nov 27
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 09 BIOMASS FUELS; 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES; 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Metabolic engineering for advanced biofuels production from Escherichia coli
journal, October 2008
- Atsumi, Shota; Liao, James C.
- Current Opinion in Biotechnology, Vol. 19, Issue 5, p. 414-419
Synthesis of three advanced biofuels from ionic liquid-pretreated switchgrass using engineered Escherichia coli
journal, November 2011
- Bokinsky, G.; Peralta-Yahya, P. P.; George, A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 108, Issue 50, p. 19949-19954
Geranyl diphosphate synthase from Abies grandis: cDNA isolation, functional expression, and characterization
journal, September 2002
- Burke, Charles; Croteau, Rodney
- Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Vol. 405, Issue 1, p. 130-136
Insights into Plant Cell Wall Degradation from the Genome Sequence of the Soil Bacterium Cellvibrio japonicus
journal, June 2008
- DeBoy, R. T.; Mongodin, E. F.; Fouts, D. E.
- Journal of Bacteriology, Vol. 190, Issue 15, p. 5455-5463
cDNA isolation, functional expression, and characterization of (+)-α-pinene synthase and (−)-α-pinene synthase from loblolly pine (Pinus taeda): Stereocontrol in pinene biosynthesis
journal, March 2003
- Phillips, Michael A.; Wildung, Mark R.; Williams, David C.
- Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Vol. 411, Issue 2, p. 267-276
Microbial production of fatty-acid-derived fuels and chemicals from plant biomass
journal, January 2010
- Steen, Eric J.; Kang, Yisheng; Bokinsky, Gregory
- Nature, Vol. 463, Issue 7280, p. 559-562
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: