Genetically-engineered cyanochrome fluorophore molecules (fluorophores) with increased fluorescence and with absorbing fluorescence in the blue and green (blue/green) portion of the light spectrum are provided. These fluorophores are derived from the domains of phytochromes, and in particular cyanobacterial phytochromes. Methods for generating these fluorophores and various applications of these fluorophores are also provided.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- WISCONSIN ALUMNI RESEARCH FOUNDATION (Madison, WI) CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 Aug 21
- Research Org:
- WISCONSIN ALUMNI RESEARCH FOUNDATION, Madison, WI (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Gapped BLAST and PSI-BLAST: a new generation of protein database search programs
journal, September 1997
- Altschul, Stephen F.; Madden, Thomas L.; Schäffer, Alejandro A.
- Nucleic Acids Research, Vol. 25, Issue 17, p. 3389-3402
Density‐functional thermochemistry. III. The role of exact exchange
journal, April 1993
- Becke, Axel D.
- The Journal of Chemical Physics, Vol. 98, Issue 7, p. 5648-5652
A preliminary solubility screen used to improve crystallization trials: crystallization and preliminary X-ray structure determination of Aeropyrum pernix flap endonuclease-1
journal, August 2004
- Collins, Brandon K.; Tomanicek, Stephen J.; Lyamicheva, Natasha
- Acta Crystallographica Section D Biological Crystallography, Vol. 60, Issue 9, p. 1674-1678
Probing protein-chromophore interactions in Cph1 phytochrome by mutagenesis
journal, April 2006
- Hahn, Janina; Strauss, Holger M.; Landgraf, Frank T.
- FEBS Journal, Vol. 273, Issue 7, p. 1415-1429
The pair of bacteriophytochromes from Agrobacterium tumefaciens are histidine kinases with opposing photobiological properties
journal, February 2003
- Karniol, B.; Vierstra, R. D.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 100, Issue 5, p. 2807-2812
Labeling of fusion proteins with synthetic fluorophores in live cells
journal, June 2004
- Keppler, A.; Pick, H.; Arrivoli, C.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 101, Issue 27, p. 9955-9959
The phytofluors: a new class of fluorescent protein probes
journal, November 1997
- Murphy, John T.; Lagarias, J.Clark
- Current Biology, Vol. 7, Issue 11, p. 870-876
Evolution of new nonantibody proteins via iterative somatic hypermutation
journal, November 2004
- Wang, L.; Jackson, W. C.; Steinbach, P. A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 101, Issue 48, p. 16745-16749
CLUSTAL W: improving the sensitivity of progressive multiple sequence alignment through sequence weighting, position-specific gap penalties and weight matrix choice
journal, January 1994
- Thompson, Julie D.; Higgins, Desmond G.; Gibson, Toby J.
- Nucleic Acids Research, Vol. 22, Issue 22, p. 4673-4680
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: