Fabricating porous materials using interpenetrating inorganic-organic composite gels
Porous materials are fabricated using interpenetrating inorganic-organic composite gels. A mixture or precursor solution including an inorganic gel precursor, an organic polymer gel precursor, and a solvent is treated to form an inorganic wet gel including the organic polymer gel precursor and the solvent. The inorganic wet gel is then treated to form a composite wet gel including an organic polymer network in the body of the inorganic wet gel, producing an interpenetrating inorganic-organic composite gel. The composite wet gel is dried to form a composite material including the organic polymer network and an inorganic network component. The composite material can be treated further to form a porous composite material, a porous polymer or polymer composite, a porous metal oxide, and other porous materials.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- ARIZONA BOARD OF REGENTS, A BODY CORPORATE OF THE STATE OF ARIZONA ACTING FOR AND ON BEHALF OF ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY (Scottsdale, AZ) EFRC
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2011 Aug 03
- Research Org:
- ARIZONA BOARD OF REGENTS, A BODY CORPORATE OF THE STATE OF ARIZONA ACTING FOR AND ON BEHALF OF ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY, Scottsdale, AZ (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY; 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Other works cited in this record:Silica Sol as a Nanoglue: Flexible Synthesis of Composite Aerogels
journal, April 1999
- Morris, Catherine A.; Anderson, Michele L.; Stroud, Rhonda M.
- Science, Vol. 284, Issue 5414, p. 622-624
Recent Progress in the Synthesis of Porous Carbon Materials
journal, August 2006
- Lee, J.; Kim, J.; Hyeon, T.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 18, Issue 16, p. 2073-2094
Combustion synthesis of gadolinia doped ceria powder
journal, April 2005
- Mahata, T.; Das, G.; Mishra, R. K.
- Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Vol. 391, Issue 1-2, p. 129-135
Preparation of phosphoric acid-based porous geopolymers
journal, December 2010
- Le-ping, Liu; Xue-min, Cui; Shu-heng, Qiu
- Applied Clay Science, Vol. 50, Issue 4, p. 600-603
Low-temperature sintering method for NiCuZn ferrite and effect of Mn addition on electromagnetic properties
journal, June 2006
- Ju, Dong-ying; Bian, Pei
- Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, Vol. 16, p. s67-s70
Geopolymerisation: A review and prospects for the minerals industry
journal, November 2007
- Komnitsas, Kostas; Zaharaki, Dimitra
- Minerals Engineering, Vol. 20, Issue 14, p. 1261-1277
The effect of silica template structure on the pore structure of mesoporous carbons
journal, January 2003
- Han, Sangjin; Lee, Kyu T.; Oh, Seung M.
- Carbon, Vol. 41, Issue 5, p. 1049-1056
Characterization of monolithic porous carbon prepared from resorcinol/formaldehyde gels with cationic surfactant
journal, April 2010
- Bruno, M. M.; Cotella, N. G.; Miras, M. C.
- Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, Vol. 358, Issue 1-3, p. 13-20
Preparation of templated mesoporous silica membranes on macroporous α-alumina supports via direct coating of thixotropic polymeric sols
journal, March 2007
- Boffa, V.; Elshof, J. E. ten; Blank, D. H. A.
- Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, Vol. 100, Issue 1-3, p. 173-182
Thermodynamics of mixed-gas adsorption
journal, January 1965
- Myers, A. L.; Prausnitz, J. M.
- AIChE Journal, Vol. 11, Issue 1, p. 121-127
Surface and catalytic properties of acid metal–carbons prepared by the sol–gel method
journal, June 2006
- Aguado-Serrano, J.; Rojas-Cervantes, M. L.; Martín-Aranda, R. M.
- Applied Surface Science, Vol. 252, Issue 17, p. 6075-6079
Silica/C composites prepared by the sol–gel method. Influence of the synthesis parameters on textural characteristics
journal, September 2004
- Aguado-Serrano, J.; Rojas-Cervantes, M. L.; López-Peinado, A. J.
- Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, Vol. 74, Issue 1-3, p. 111-119
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: