Methods for synthesis of olefins and derivatives
The invention provides a method of producing acrylic acid. The method includes contacting fumaric acid with a sufficient amount of ethylene in the presence of a cross-metathesis transformation catalyst to produce about two moles of acrylic acid per mole of fumaric acid. Also provided is an acrylate ester. The method includes contacting fumarate diester with a sufficient amount of ethylene in the presence of a cross-metathesis transformation catalyst to produce about two moles of acrylate ester per mole of fumarate diester. An integrated process for process for producing acrylic acid or acrylate ester is provided which couples bioproduction of fumaric acid with metathesis transformation. An acrylic acid and an acrylate ester production also is provided.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Genomatica, Inc. (San Diego, CA) CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- FG02-06ER84536; FG02-07ER84865
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 May 03
- Research Org:
- Genomatica, Inc., San Diego, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY; 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Development of an antibiotic-free plasmid selection system based on glycine auxotrophy for recombinant protein overproduction in Escherichia coli
journal, March 2008
- Vidal, Luis; Pinsach, Jaume; Striedner, Gerald
- Journal of Biotechnology, Vol. 134, Issue 1-2, p. 127-136
Olefin Metathesis Involving Ruthenium Enoic Carbene Complexes
journal, October 2001
- Choi, Tae-Lim; Lee, Choon Woo; Chatterjee, Arnab K.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 123, Issue 42, p. 10417-10418
A Cyclometalated Aryloxy(chloro)neopentylidenetungsten Complex: A Highly Active and Stereoselective Catalyst for the Metathesis of cis- and trans-2-Pentene, Norbornene, 1-Methyl-norbornene, and Ethyl Oleate
journal, May 1992
- Couturier, Jean-Luc; Paillet, Christophe; Leconte, Michel
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition in English, Vol. 31, Issue 5, p. 628-631
Cross-metathesis of dimethyl maleate and ethylene catalyzed by second generation ruthenium carbene complexes: B3LYP and MPW1K comparison study
journal, December 2006
- Fomine, Serguei; Tlenkopatchev, Mikhail A.
- Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, Vol. 691, Issue 24-25, p. 5189-5196
Rate Enhancement by Ethylene in the Ru-Catalyzed Ring-Closing Metathesis of Enynes: Evidence for an “Ene-then-Yne” Pathway that Diverts through a Second Catalytic Cycle
journal, November 2005
- Lloyd-Jones, Guy C.; Margue, Robert G.; de Vries, Johannes G.
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 44, Issue 45, p. 7442-7447
Titanium metallacarbene-metallacyclobutane reactions: stepwise metathesis
journal, September 1980
- Howard, T. R.; Lee, J. B.; Grubbs, R. H.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 102, Issue 22, p. 6876-6878
First direct observation of the simultaneous presence and of the interconversion of chain-propagating metal-carbene and metallacyclobutane complexes in a catalytic olefin metathesis reaction: the ring-opening polymerization of norbornene
journal, February 1987
- Kress, J.; Osborn, J. A.; Greene, R. M. E.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 109, Issue 3, p. 899-901
Titanium-mediated methylene-transfer reactions. Direct conversion of esters into vinyl ethers
journal, April 1980
- Pine, S. H.; Zahler, R.; Evans, D. A.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 102, Issue 9, p. 3270-3272
Titanium-catalyzed olefin metathesis
journal, August 1979
- Tebbe, F. N.; Parshall, G. W.; Ovenall, D. W.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 101, Issue 17, p. 5074-5075
Methods and organisms for utilizing synthesis gas or other gaseous carbon sources and methanol
patent, September 2010
- Burk, Mark J.; Schilling, Christophe H.; Burgard, Anthony P.
- US Patent Document 7,803,589
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: