Rugged passively cooled high power laser fiber optic connectors and methods of use
There are provided high power laser connectors and couplers and methods that are capable of providing high laser power without the need for active cooling to remote, harsh and difficult to access locations and under difficult and harsh conditions and to manage and mitigate the adverse effects of back reflections.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Foro Energy, Inc. (Denver, CO) ARPA-E
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2012 Jun 01
- Research Org:
- Foro Energy, Inc., Denver, CO (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 24 POWER TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION
Other works cited in this record:The effect of interaction time and saturation of rock on specific energy in ND:YAG laser perforating
journal, February 2011
- Ahmadi, M.; Erfan, M. R.; Torkamany, M. J.
- Optics & Laser Technology, Vol. 43, Issue 1, p. 226-231
Simulation of dynamic response of granite: A numerical approach of shock-induced damage beneath impact craters
journal, December 2006
- Ai, H. A.; Ahrens, T. J.
- International Journal of Impact Engineering, Vol. 33, Issue 1-12, p. 1-10
The porosity and engineering properties of vesicular basalt in Saudi Arabia
journal, October 1999
- Al-Harthi, A. A.; Al-Amri, R. M.; Shehata, W. M.
- Engineering Geology, Vol. 54, Issue 3-4, p. 313-320
The Äspö Pillar Stability Experiment: Part II—Rock mass response to coupled excavation-induced and thermal-induced stresses
journal, July 2009
- Andersson, J. Christer; Martin, C. Derek; Stille, Håkan
- International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, Vol. 46, Issue 5, p. 879-895
A new approach to quantification of metamorphism using ultra-small and small angle neutron scattering
journal, December 2009
- Anovitz, Lawrence M.; Lynn, Gary W.; Cole, David R.
- Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, Vol. 73, Issue 24, p. 7303-7324
Dynamic Vickers indentation of brittle materials
journal, April 2000
- Anton, Richard J.; Subhash, Ghatu
- Wear, Vol. 239, Issue 1, p. 27-35
The failure of brittle solids containing small cracks under compressive stress states
journal, March 1986
- Ashby, M. F.; Hallam (Née Cooksley), S. D.
- Acta Metallurgica, Vol. 34, Issue 3, p. 497-510
A multiaxial stress criterion for short- and long-term strength of isotropic rock media
journal, December 2000
- Aubertin, M.; Li, L.; Simon, R.
- International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, Vol. 37, Issue 8, p. 1169-1193
The Schmidt hammer in rock material characterization
journal, September 2005
- Aydin, A.; Basu, A.
- Engineering Geology, Vol. 81, Issue 1, p. 1-14
On the relationship between the parameters of Paris' law for fatigue crack growth in aluminium alloys
journal, December 1977
- Baflon, Jean-Paul; Masounave, Jacques; Bathias, Claude
- Scripta Metallurgica, Vol. 11, Issue 12, p. 1101-1106
Spall damage modelling and dynamic fracture specificities of ceramics
journal, July 1992
- Belyaev, V. V.
- Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 32, Issue 1-2, p. 135-144
Mechanism of brittle fracture of rock: Part I—theory of the fracture process
journal, October 1967
- Bieniawski, Z. T.
- International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences & Geomechanics Abstracts, Vol. 4, Issue 4, p. 395-406
Analysis of compressive fracture in rock using statistical techniques: Part I. A non-linear rule-based model
journal, October 1998
- Blair, S. C.; Cook, N. G. W.
- International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, Vol. 35, Issue 7, p. 837-848
The static fatigue of brittle rock under uniaxial compression
journal, February 1974
- Cruden, D. M.
- International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences & Geomechanics Abstracts, Vol. 11, Issue 2, p. 67-73
Development of a new direct test method for estimating cutter life, based on the Sievers’ J miniature drill test
journal, January 2007
- Dahl, Filip; Grøv, Eivind; Breivik, Torkjell
- Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 22, Issue 1, p. 106-116
Some mechanisms of microcrack growth and interaction in compressive rock failure
journal, June 1981
- Dey, T. N.; Wang, Chi-Yuen
- International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences & Geomechanics Abstracts, Vol. 18, Issue 3, p. 199-209
Wear characteristics of PDC pin and hybrid core bits in rock drilling
journal, September 1995
- Ersoy, A.; Waller, M. D.
- Wear, Vol. 188, Issue 1-2, p. 150-165
Vickers and Knoop hardness of electron beam deposited ZrC and HfC thin films on titanium
journal, April 2006
- Ferro, D.; Barinov, S. M.; Rau, J. V.
- Surface and Coatings Technology, Vol. 200, Issue 16-17, p. 4701-4707
A simple crack-extension criterion for time-dependent spallation
journal, April 1971
- Field, F. A.
- Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Vol. 19, Issue 2, p. 61-70
Fluorescent dye penetrants applied to rock fractures
journal, March 1968
- Gardner, R. D.; Pincus, H. J.
- International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences & Geomechanics Abstracts, Vol. 5, Issue 2, p. 155-156
Dominant rock properties affecting the penetration rate of percussive drills
journal, July 2003
- Kahraman, S.; Bilgin, N.; Feridunoglu, C.
- International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, Vol. 40, Issue 5, p. 711-723
A model for non-linear rock deformation under compression due to sub-critical crack growth
journal, November 1991
- Kemeny, J. M.
- International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences & Geomechanics Abstracts, Vol. 28, Issue 6, p. 459-467
Laser heating of sheet metal and thermal stress development
journal, November 2004
- Khan, Ovais U.; Yilbas, B. S.
- Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 155-156, p. 2045-2050
A dynamic damage growth model for uniaxial compressive response of rock aggregates
journal, May 2002
- Huang, Chengyi; Subhash, Ghatu; Vitton, Stanley J.
- Mechanics of Materials, Vol. 34, Issue 5, p. 267-277
A micromechanical damage model for concrete
journal, January 1986
- Krajcinovic, Dusan; Fanella, David
- Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 25, Issue 5-6, p. 585-596
Thermal fatigue of particle reinforced metal–matrix composite induced by laser heating and mechanical load
journal, July 2005
- Long, S. G.; Zhou, Y. C.
- Composites Science and Technology, Vol. 65, Issue 9, p. 1391-1400
The dynamic strength and fracture properties of dresser basalt
journal, May 1974
- Lindholm, U. S.; Yeakley, L. M.; Nagy, A.
- International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences & Geomechanics Abstracts, Vol. 11, Issue 5, p. 181-191
The influence of steam pressure on thermal spalling of sedimentary rock: Theory and experiments
journal, January 1998
- Hettema, M. H. H.; Wolf, K-H. A. A.; De Pater, C. J.
- International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, Vol. 35, Issue 1, p. 3-15
Rock excavation with laser assistance
journal, July 1976
- Jurewicz, B. R.
- International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences & Geomechanics Abstracts, Vol. 13, Issue 7, p. 207-219
Stress resistance parameters of brittle solids under laser/plasma pulse heating
journal, September 2000
- Gurarie, V. N.
- Materials Science and Engineering: A, Vol. 288, Issue 2, p. 168-172
The role of thermal stress fatigue in the breakdown of rock in cold regions
journal, December 1999
- Hall, Kevin
- Geomorphology, Vol. 31, Issue 1-4, p. 47-63
Laser spectroscopy/chromatography drill bit and methods
patent, December 2006
- Batarseh, Samih; Perry, Kent; Gahan, Brian
- US Patent Document 7,147,064
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: