Nanostructured transparent conducting oxide electrochromic device
The embodiments described herein provide an electrochromic device. In an exemplary embodiment, the electrochromic device includes (1) a substrate and (2) a film supported by the substrate, where the film includes transparent conducting oxide (TCO) nanostructures. In a further embodiment, the electrochromic device further includes (a) an electrolyte, where the nanostructures are embedded in the electrolyte, resulting in an electrolyte, nanostructure mixture positioned above the substrate and (b) a counter electrode positioned above the mixture. In a further embodiment, the electrochromic device further includes a conductive coating deposited on the substrate between the substrate and the mixture. In a further embodiment, the electrochromic device further includes a second substrate positioned above the mixture.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA) LBNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2012 Aug 21
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE; 77 NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY
Other works cited in this record:Selective Colorimetric Detection of Polynucleotides Based on the Distance-Dependent Optical Properties of Gold Nanoparticles
journal, August 1997
- Elghanian, Robert; Storhoff, James J.; Mucic, Robert C.
- Science, Vol. 277, Issue 5329, p. 1078-1081
Plasmonics for improved photovoltaic devices
journal, February 2010
- Atwater, Harry A.; Polman, Albert
- Nature Materials, Vol. 9, Issue 3, p. 205-213
Synthesis of a Nonagglomerated Indium Tin Oxide Nanoparticle Dispersion
journal, September 2008
- Gilstrap, Richard A.; Capozzi, Charles J.; Carson, Cantwell G.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 20, Issue 21, p. 4163-4166
Low-Loss Plasmonic Metamaterials
journal, January 2011
- Boltasseva, A.; Atwater, H. A.
- Science, Vol. 331, Issue 6015, p. 290-291
Indium tin oxide films made from nanoparticles: models for the optical and electrical properties
journal, December 2003
- Ederth, J.; Heszler, P.; Hultåker, A.
- Thin Solid Films, Vol. 445, Issue 2, p. 199-206
Modeling of optical and electrical properties of In2O3:Sn coatings made by various techniques
journal, April 2006
- Solieman, A.; Aegerter, M. A.
- Thin Solid Films, Vol. 502, Issue 1-2, p. 205-211
Unity-Order Index Change in Transparent Conducting Oxides at Visible Frequencies
journal, June 2010
- Feigenbaum, Eyal; Diest, Kenneth; Atwater, Harry A.
- Nano Letters, Vol. 10, Issue 6, p. 2111-2116
Properties, requirements and possibilities of smart windows for dynamic daylight and solar energy control in buildings: A state-of-the-art review
journal, February 2010
- Baetens, Ruben; Jelle, Bjørn Petter; Gustavsen, Arild
- Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, Vol. 94, Issue 2, p. 87-105
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: