Sorohalide scintillators, phosphors, and uses thereof
The present invention relates to sorohalide compounds having formula A.sub.3B.sub.2X.sub.9, where A is an alkali metal, B is a rare earth metal, and X is a halogen. Optionally, the sorohalide includes a dopant D. Such undoped and doped sorohalides are useful as scintillation materials or phosphors for any number of uses, including for radiation detectors, solid-state light sources, gamma-ray spectroscopy, medical imaging, and drilling applications.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Sandia Corporation (Albuquerque, NM) SNL-A
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2014 Feb 11
- Research Org:
- Sandia National Lab. (SNL-NM), Albuquerque, NM (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE; 46 INSTRUMENTATION RELATED TO NUCLEAR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Other works cited in this record:Infrared to visible upconversion in Cs3Yb2Cl9:Tm3+
journal, April 1995
- Riedener, Toni; Güdel, Hans U.; Valley, George C.
- Journal of Luminescence, Vol. 63, Issue 5-6, p. 327-337
Luminescence upconversion mechanisms in Yb3+–Tb3+ systems
journal, December 2001
- Salley, G. M.; Valiente, R.; Guedel, H. U.
- Journal of Luminescence, Vol. 94-95, p. 305-309
Growth and characterization of polycrystalline lanthanide halide scintillators
journal, October 2011
- Nagarkar, V. V.; Miller, S. R.; Gelfandbein, V.
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment, Vol. 652, Issue 1, p. 271-274
Phosphors in phosphor-converted white light-emitting diodes: Recent advances in materials, techniques and properties
journal, December 2010
- Ye, S.; Xiao, F.; Pan, Y. X.
- Materials Science and Engineering: R: Reports, Vol. 71, Issue 1, p. 1-34
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: