Hybrid polyketide synthases
The present invention provides for a polyketide synthase (PKS) capable of synthesizing an even-chain or odd-chain diacid or lactam or diamine. The present invention also provides for a host cell comprising the PKS and when cultured produces the even-chain diacid, odd-chain diacid, or KAPA. The present invention also provides for a host cell comprising the PKS capable of synthesizing a pimelic acid or KAPA, and when cultured produces biotin.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA) LBNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2011 Oct 31
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Biosynthesis of the polyene antifungal antibiotic nystatin in Streptomyces noursei ATCC 11455: analysis of the gene cluster and deduction of the biosynthetic pathway
journal, June 2000
- Brautaset, Trygve; Sekurova, Olga N.; Sletta, Håvard
- Chemistry & Biology, Vol. 7, Issue 6, p. 395-403
Predictive, structure-based model of amino acid recognition by nonribosomal peptide synthetase adenylation domains
journal, March 2000
- Challis, Gregory L.; Ravel, Jacques; Townsend, Craig A.
- Chemistry & Biology, Vol. 7, Issue 3, p. 211-224
Biosynthesis of Nonribosomal Peptides
journal, October 2004
- Finking, Robert; Marahiel, Mohamed A.
- Annual Review of Microbiology, Vol. 58, Issue 1, p. 453-488
Expanding the biosynthetic repertoire of plant type III polyketide synthases by altering starter molecule specificity
journal, April 2002
- Jez, J. M.; Bowman, M. E.; Noel, J. P.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 99, Issue 8, p. 5319-5324
Crystal structure of DhbE, an archetype for aryl acid activating domains of modular nonribosomal peptide synthetases
journal, September 2002
- May, J. J.; Kessler, N.; Marahiel, M. A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 99, Issue 19, p. 12120-12125
Unusual Chemistry in the Biosynthesis of the Antibiotic Chondrochlorens
journal, January 2009
- Rachid, Shwan; Scharfe, Maren; Blöcker, Helmut
- Chemistry & Biology, Vol. 16, Issue 1, p. 70-81
Polyketide synthesis in vitro on a modular polyketide synthase
journal, September 1995
- Wiesmann, Kirsten E. H.; Cortés, Jesus; Brown, Murray J. B.
- Chemistry & Biology, Vol. 2, Issue 9, p. 583-589
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: